Rule Table Limitations
The number of rows in a rule table is currently limited to 9999, which is the maximum number that can be displayed in the Rule Table Maintenance programs. The number of columns (variables) in a rule table is currently limited to 20. Any mix of condition and result variables, that is, IF and THEN columns, is valid as long as you use at least one condition and one result variable.
Cells have the following limitations:
• Progress statements and operators are not allowed.
• An empty range, specified by only a colon (:) is not allowed.
• Ranges and exclusions are not allowed for logical variables.
• Rule tables cannot handle empty dates, even for an empty cell.
• For a result variable, lists and exclusions are allowed only if the variable is of the type text, numeric, or date list and only if the attribute of the variable is value.