Using Custom Functions in Product Configuration Rules
The system lets you easily define and maintain custom functions in the pccop.i file and use them in the following product configuration rules:
• Variant item data rules (assignment rules)
• Variant product structure rules (selection rules and assignment rules)
• Variant routing rules (selection rules and assignment rules)
• Variant SO line rules (assignment rules)
• Variant SQ Line rules (assignment rules)
• External entity rules (assignment rules)
• General product structure rules (selection rules)
Custom functions are called and executed when the system processes the rules containing them.
To use a custom function:
1 Edit the pccop.i file to define your custom function using Progress. Here is a sample function:
function AddDesc return character (input cName as character):
return "This is a new variant of item " + cName.
2 When defining product configuration rules, you can use the custom function by passing parameters to it; for example, assign the following to the pt_desc1 field of a particular configurable item:
3 Use Check Syntax to validate both the rule and the custom function.
4 When the system applies the rule to the variant item generation process, the function is executed and returns a value. In the previous example, the description of the new variant item would be “This is a new variant of item A01.”
5 Whenever there are any changes to the custom function in pccop.i, you need to run Batch Compiler for the configurable item to make the changes effective.