The Actions menu displays the active commands that apply to your current program context. For non-component based programs, these commands include navigation commands such as Next, Back, Next Record, and Previous Record. These commands let you navigate to the next or previous frame, or display the next or previous record for the current field. You can also use the up and down arrows on your keyboard to display next and previous records in key fields or when the field has been defined to support next/previous processing.
Action Pull-Down Menu
Action menu commands can also include the following:
• Commands that display in the Progress status bar in a character session can be found in the Actions menu on HTML screens. This includes Delete, Page Up, Page Down, and Pivot. These commands are only available when the program frame supports them. For example, Page Up and Page Down typically display in selection lists where the up/down keys cannot be used.
• The Delete, Insert, Page Up, and Page Down keys on your keyboard operate as shortcuts to the Actions menu. However, shortcuts do not exist for special operations such as Pivot.
• Pivot is used in a number of selection lists that support sorting by different columns, such as the call lookup in Call Maintenance (188.8.131.52). It is also used to display the next set of data in programs such as Line Utilization Maintenance (33.15.9) and Simulation Line Utilization Maintenance (33.17.19).
Actions Menu for Component-Based Programs
The Actions menu functions in a similar way for component-based screens, with some additional features.
Actions Menu for Component-Based Screens
General activities are available on this menu or as buttons on the activity screen. These include Undo, Save, Save and Create, Save as Draft, and Properties.
Record-specific activities are also available on this menu. For example, for the Customer Create program, the Actions menu includes Create, View, Modify, Delete, and Maintain Credit Limit. You can choose record-specific activities in multiple ways:
• By selecting from this menu
• By selecting from the main application menu
Right-Click Menu for Customer Browse
Create, view, modify, and delete are standard activities available for most types of records.
Note: You can see only the activities to which you have access based on the set of roles associated with your user ID. Role-based access control is explained in User Guide: QAD Security and Controls.
The general activities correspond to the command buttons on the screen:
• Undo discards any changes without saving them. This is the same as the Cancel button.
• Save updates the database with your current changes. All validations associated with the type of record are executed before the save is completed. Any errors or warnings are displayed on the screen so that you can correct them before continuing with the save.
• Save and Create saves changes to the current record and then clears all data from the maintenance screen so you can create a new record. This command is available only when you are creating a new record; it is not available for all functions.
The Properties action is available for all records and displays technical information about the current record, such as who last updated it, as well as details about the current build number. This information can be useful for troubleshooting problems and may be requested by technical support.
You can use the Dump XML button to create a file containing the XML data for the current component. This can be useful as a starting point for loading data with the XML daemon. See User Guide: QAD System Administration for details on the XML daemon.
Business Component Shortname
Displays the internal Business Component code name for the object.
Internal Object Identification
Displays the unique numeric identifier for the object.
Last Updated By
Displays the login ID of the user who last modified the object.
Last Updated On
Displays the date and time when the object was last updated.
Business Component Version
Displays the version of the business component.
UI Component Version
Displays the UI component version.
Specify a directory where you want the XML description of this component to be located. This field applies only when you click Dump XML.
Save as Draft
When enabled, this option lets you save component-based records in draft mode. You can access them at a later stage (for example, following approval) in order to complete them. See Saving and Browsing Drafts
Workflow is available for both types of program and is visible as an Actions menu option for non-component based programs and as a Tools menu option for component-based programs. When you click Workflow in a non-component based program, the system creates an e-mail message for another system user, with the current screen as an attached link. This e-mail is then posted to the user’s Inbox in the QAD Messaging side-bar. Workflow for component-based programs is described in Workflow