A browse collection features a main browse displayed with related programs and browses. The fields and records selected in the related programs and browses are based on the currently selected record in the main browse. The QAD .NET UI displays the other browses and programs in the lower part of a horizontal split-screen, with the main browse located in the upper part. On the Applications pane, browse collections are located in the Browse Collections folder, located in the Collections folder.
When you drill-down a couple of times, the screen can start to display a lot of useful information. So that you can focus on an area of interest, buttons that can hide or show the display are available on the left side of the toolbar for a browse or program. The buttons display as two up-arrow symbols when a view is open and as two down-arrow symbols when a view is closed.
Additionally, on the right side of the toolbar, two icons, Tile Screen and Full Screen, allow you to switch between the tile screen view (the default) and the full screen view. When you select the full screen view for a program or browse driven by the main browse, the screen expands to show just the selected program or browse. To return to view all the driven programs and browses, click on the Tile Screen icon. Next to the Tile Screen and Full Screen icons, the browse hybrid view icons (Browse View, Hybrid View, and Screen View) are included for controlling the main browse.
The following summarizes the browse collection display icons:
• Tile Screen (the default “split-screen” view) for the collection
• Full Screen (display the current view in full screen mode)
• Browse View (display the browse, focusing on the row for the currently selected item)
• Hybrid View (display a combination of the row for the currently selected item and the program that can modify the item)
• Screen View (displays the program that can modify the currently selected item in a full screen)
These icons provide you with a useful way to control the display and focus on the information you need.