Enabling QAD Guide Me
The QAD Guide Me feature provides immediate mouse over descriptions of fields in both component and non-component programs, and is disabled by default.
Note: Field help for non-component based programs is also displayed by pressing the F1 key when the cursor is positioned in the field.
The QAD Guide Me feature is enabled in the following ways:
• By selecting Tools|Options and setting the Guide Me Enabled parameter to True.
• By setting the Guide Me parameter in the client-session.xml file to True.
• By setting the option to True in the local QAD.Client.exe.config file or on the command line.
• By adding a parameter to the shortcut path for QAD Applications.
When you right-click the shortcut icon for the QAD .NET UI on your desktop area and select the Shortcut tab in the Properties dialog, you can add the following line to the Target command:
"C:\Program Files\QAD\QAD Enterprise Applications 2010 EE\QAD.Applications.exe" -guideme.enabled:true
This enables the Guide Me feature when you run the client, over-riding the environment setting in the client-session.xml file.
You can disable the feature by changing the above settings to false or by disabling the Guide Me plugin in the client-bootstrap.xml file.
The following settings affect the Guide Me feature.
• GuideMe.Enabled. This setting enables or disables Guide Me feature. The default value is true.
• GuideMe.Debug. This debugging setting displays unresolved tokens and enables browser context menu. The default value is false.
• GuideMe.ShowDelay. This sets the delay in milliseconds before the ToolTip is displayed. The default value is 500.
• GuideMe.HideDelay. This sets the delay in milliseconds before the ToolTip is hidden. A value of zero indicates the ToolTip is not hidden until the mouse leaves the control region. The default value is zero.
• GuideMe.Animation. This enables and disables tooltip animation affects. When set to true (the default), this ensures that the Guide Me screen is displayed gradually on the screen, instead of immediately displaying and disappearing.
Like all application settings, these may also be set in the local QAD.Client.exe.config file or on the command line, as follows:
You can also disable the Guide Me plugin in the client-bootstrap.xml on the home application server:
This option can also be performed on the command line, as follows: