Release Notes for March 2012 EE Release
QAD Warehousing Version: QAD Warehousing for QAD 2012 Enterprise Edition
Release Date: March 2012
Supported languages: US English, Castilian Spanish, Latin Spanish, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese
User Guide: QAD Warehousing, item 70-3185-2012EE
Installation/Conversion Guide: QAD Warehousing installation information can be found in the installation documentation for QAD Enterprise Applications 2012 Enterprise Edition.
Note: The QAD Warehousing Enterprise Edition installation process differs from the QAD Warehousing Standard Edition (SE) installation process. Please review the installation and conversion guide before you begin installation or conversion.
New Features Overview
QAD Warehousing was rebranded for QAD 2012 EE.
The following improvements were made to QAD Warehousing for this release:
• Purchase Order Receipts (5.13.1) now passes the correct input parameters, such as site, warehouse, location, part, lot number, reference, dataset, purchase order number, order line, and transaction type to a custom program that you define in Internal Routing Assignment Maintenance (4.2.9) when you set printing options in Warehouse Maintenance (4.1.1) and Internal Routing Maintenance (4.2.5). Previously, in this scenario, some of the parameters passed to the custom program were blank when the custom program executed.
• Purchase Order Receipts (5.13.1) now correctly generates pallet references when you set the Receive All field to Yes during the receipts in Purchase Order Receipts (5.13.1). Previously, the system did not generate pallet references.
• Available Kit Quantity to Ship (7.1.8) now displays the quantity short and quantities under the kit quantity for the components (shown as an asterisk (*)) when the available quantity to allocate is less than the open quantity for an order. Previously, the quantity short and the * were not displayed.
• The RF BP Pick SO/DO option (3.1) now correctly prompts you to print labels and prints the labels when you respond with Yes when you confirm a pick and set the Post-Print Option to Prompt to postpone labels (option 2) in Batch Picking Control (4.15.24). Previously, the system did not display prompts to post-print the labels.
• The RF Transfer option (1.3) no longer transfers inventory to a blank location when warehouse staff press the End-Error key twice after they select the destination location. Previously, the system transferred inventory to a blank location in this scenario.
• Pre-Shipper/Shipper Workbench (7.9.2) no longer displays a Progress error, and the system now correctly updates tare weight and net weight for level 0 and level 1 when warehouse staff move the items of one container into another container, using the RF Item Move option (3.7). Previously, the system displayed an error and incorrectly calculated net and tare weights.
• The RF Select Task option (1.2) now lets warehouse staff confirm a move task of a valid pallet reference from the receive location to the stage-in location when you:
• Set the system flavor to Selection by Reference (option B) in Work Location Group Maintenance (4.3.9).
• Define destination locations in the Stage (In) field in Warehouse Location Maintenance (4.3.13).
Previously, in this scenario, the system displayed an error message and did not confirm the move task.
• Warehouse Transaction Inquiry (4.9.1) now correctly displays the receipt number and line and the receiver for the INSP-PO or BACK-PO transaction type.
• Warehouse Transaction Inquiry (4.9.1) now correctly displays FAIL-PO transactions when inspections fail in the RF Inspection Results option (4). Previously, the RF Inspection Results option did not create FAIL-PO transactions.
• Receipts – Unplanned (3.9) no longer displays an error informing you that destination locations cannot be found and now correctly creates the put-away task when you set Alternative UM to Acquire UM from Destination SLG (option 13) in Internal Routing Maintenance (4.2.5) and the storage location has enough capacity to store the item.
• Picklist/Pre-Shipper – Automatic (7.9.1) has improved performance when you set the algorithm to LF (option 3) in Algorithm Assignment Maintenance (4.6.9). Previously, the performance was poor.
• The RF Select Task option (1.2) now lets warehouse staff confirm the task of multi-item pallet transfer between locations when the system creates the task using Warehouse Transfer By Reference (4.17.1) and you set the flavor to B in Work Location Group Maintenance (4.3.9). Previously, the system displayed an error informing you that the change was not supported, and the task was not confirmed.
• Work Order Component Issue (16.10) now correctly creates a task when warehouse staff return a component to inventory that was previously issued against a work order. Previously, the system did not create a task.
• Location Maintenance (4.3.13) now correctly displays the capacity value when you define both of the following:
• More than one UM as a limit for the location
• The net weight UM for the item in Item Master Maintenance (1.4.1) is the same as the UM you define for the location
Previously, in the above scenario, the system incorrectly calculated the capacity value.