Release Notes for March 2010 Release
QAD Warehousing Version: QAD Warehousing for QAD 2010 Enterprise Edition
Release Date: March 2010
Supported languages: US English, Castilian Spanish, Latin Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese
User Guide: QAD Warehousing, item 78-0793A
Installation/Conversion Guide: QAD Warehousing installation information can be found in the installation documentation for QAD Enterprise Applications 2010 Enterprise Edition.
Note: The QAD Warehousing installation process differs from the Advanced Inventory Management (AIM) installation process. Please review the installation and conversion guide before you begin installation or conversion.
The following improvements were made when processing with the RF device:
• Purchase Order Receipts (5.13.1) now performs inspections and moves the inventory from receipt location to the inspection location when you specify algorithm number 6 for QA algorithms for purchase order receipts as the Algorithm Type in Algorithm Assignment Maintenance (4.6.9). Previously, the system did not move inventory to the inspection location when you specified the algorithm.
• The batch picking function for sales orders in RF BP Pick SO /DO (3.1) option now updates the start date, start time, and start user ID when you press the End function after partially confirming a sales order quantity. Previously, the system left the values blank.
• Work Order Receipt (16.11) now moves the inventory to the correct destination location and creates a short SO transaction history as per the number of sequences in Internal Routing Maintenance (4.2.5) when you set the Two Phase field to No for the shortage internal routing. Previously, the system moved the inventory to an incorrect location.
• Picklist/Pre-Shipper-Automatic (7.9.1) now uses last-in-first-out (LIFO) picking for available inventory in locations with the LIFO picking type when you change inventory details to a reverse order in which the inventory was moved into the location. Previously, the system did not use LIFO picking in a reverse order.
• The RF Location Audit (1.4) option now displays an error message, indicating the period is closed when you change a quantity when the GL calendar period is closed for inventory control. Previously, the system did not display the error message.
• Put Away/Loc Find Simulation (4.6.13) now selects the proper location when you enter a lot/serial for which there is no existing inventory, but a location exists with inventory in another lot/serial for the item you are using in the simulation. The system does this when you specify the Merge with Same Lot/Serial-Preferred UM (PA96) algorithm in Algorithm Assignment Maintenance (4.6.9). Previously, when you specified the algorithm, the system selected the location with inventory with a different lot/serial for put-away.
• Distribution Order Shipments (12.17.22) no longer creates the new reference with a negative quantity when you set the original reference to blank using the RF Container Move (3.4) option and you change the quantity for which you are picking during distribution order shipment. Previously, the system created the new reference with a negative quantity.
• Sample Inspection Maintenance (4.22.1) now correctly changes the inventory status of the location to available when you change the location, lot, or reference of a non-inspected item when you confirm transactions during a receipt. You can also now confirm transactions. Previously, the system did not change inventory status to available after a successful inspection and did not let you confirm the transaction.
• Purchase Order Returns (5.13.7) no longer resets the Multi-Entry field to No when you set the field to Yes manually after you enter data in the Reason field. Previously, the system reset Multi-Entry to Yes once you entered data in the Reason field.
• The system no longer leaves modified values in records when you modify a transaction, then press Cancel or End using Movement Confirmation Workbench (4.8.7). Previously, the system left modified values, even though the values were not correct.
• When calculating the location full percentage:
• The system no longer hangs.
• The LocM record is now accessible and no longer locked by another process.
• RF functions now correctly clear the RF screen before you confirm a transaction. Previously, the system left data on the screen when you started a confirmation.
• The system uses data from the correct warehouse when you set up more than one warehouse for the same site in Wave Planning Control (188.8.131.52) when using wave planning functions and when the system calculates the pre-shipper. Previously, the system used data from the first warehouse instead of taking the data from the appropriate warehouse.
• The RF Transfer (1.3) option no longer transfers inventory to the destination location when you abort the transaction by pressing CTRL-C, and the system no longer locks records.
• For the RF Container Move (3.4) option:
• The system now correctly validates the location detail record (lad_det) for distribution orders when you use the RF Container Move (3.4) option.
Note: QAD Warehousing has tasks that add fields to the location detail (lad_det) record that indicate expected quantities in and out of warehouse locations.
• The system displays an appropriate message when the pallet does not belong to a pre-shipper during RF Container Move (3.4) functions.
• During RF Containerization (3.3) operations:
• The system no longer locks records on the abs_mstr.
• Pre-shippers now display correctly.
• Incorrect message numbers no longer display during Transaction Priority Workbench (4.11.6) functions.
• For RF Select Task (1.2) option:
• The system now functions correctly when you access a task that was started by another user.
• You can now access soft-assigned tasks, assigned to another user.
• Tasks are no longer locked. Previously, they displayed but you could not select them.
Note: Tasks are no longer locked, yet displayed, when you use Select Task to select a pre-shipper using the RF or when you use BP Pick SO/DO or BP Pick-ALL for batch picking using the RF.
• The logic for the PIC-FAS transaction was changed so that it functions similar to the PICK-SO transaction. Kit picking uses the PICK-FAS transaction, not the PICK-SO transaction. Wave reports and inquiries display data for the PICK-FAS transactions just as for the PICK-SO transactions.
• Wave Selection (4.15.3) now correctly calculates and displays the net weight and number of lines for a multi-line sales order when you change the priority for one of the sales order lines from the default priority specified in Order Maintenance (184.108.40.206).
• Replenishment Request (4.16.13) now correctly replenishes the inventory in the base unit of measurement when:
• Logistic UM is not the base unit of measurement specified in Item-Warehouse Maintenance (4.4.11) for the item.
• Sizing type of the base unit of measurement is set as blank in Alternate Unit of Measure Maint (4.5.1).
• Location to be replenished is a dedicated mixed-item location with capacity defined for each item.
Previously, the system did not replenish the item when these conditions existed.
• The system no longer deletes a requisition if it belongs to a pre-shipper or shipper when you manipulate pre-shippers or shippers. Previously, the system deleted requisitions for pre-shippers or shippers.
• Item Number Change (1.4.13) now copies the data to the new item from the old Warehousing item when you assign the warehouse master list as a location to the older item, using Item Master Maintenance (1.4.1). Previously, the system displayed an error, indicating the item number did not exist, when you assigned the master list to the older item.
• Triggers were merged for products that use common sales order and sales order line triggers to create the order.