Release Notes for September 2009.1 Release
QAD Warehousing Version: QAD Warehousing for QAD 2009.1 Enterprise Edition
Release Date: September 2009
Supported languages: US English, Castilian Spanish, Latin Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese
User Guide: QAD Warehousing, item 78-0793A
Installation/Conversion Guide: QAD Warehousing installation information can be found in the installation documentation for QAD Enterprise Applications 2009 Enterprise Edition.
Note: The QAD Warehousing installation process differs from the Advanced Inventory Management (AIM) installation process. Please review the installation and conversion guide before you begin installation or conversion.
New Features Overview
New features and enhancements for this release include the following:
• A new Wave Pre-Shipper Workbench (4.15.14) lets you link pre-shippers to waves. When you enter a wave number in the workbench, the system displays all pre-shippers associated with the wave, including pre-shipper open tasks. You can press control keys in the display to perform several operations, such as display details; print, merge, or find pre-shippers; refresh the display; and sort by pre-shipper, ship-to site, carrier, or date.
• Wave planning now supports kits. New fields in Wave Planning Control (126.96.36.199) let you specify whether the system:
• Applies pick logic and creates detailed inventory allocations for components of configured items.
• Selects only configured kit sales order lines with a general allocation when it selects orders for a wave in Wave Selection (4.15.3).
• Determines the component of the kit with the least quantity available to allocate. The quantity to ship for the kit item is set to this quantity, ensuring that complete kits are shipped.
The system now creates pick and wave replenishment tasks for kit components. During wave release and release group creation/activation, all appropriate algorithms and functions now support kits. Finally, wave inquiries and reports display data for kits.
• Wave Transportation programs (4.15.2) also support kits. Batch orders selected for TMS calculations now account for allocated kits. The system calculates weights and volumes for kit orders and exports them to the QAD EE internal transportation management system (TMS) or to external TMSs. When the TMS directs that order lines be split among different shipments, wave replenishment and release functions correctly pick for kit components after the split.
• You can now print labels created for a pallet in Multi-Item Pallet Create/Transfer (4.17.20).
• Receipts/Transfers/Issues Control (4.17.24) was moved to the Warehouse System Admin menu (4.23) and renamed External Device Setup (4.23.22). Two new fields were added to the renamed program:
• Next Task Pause lets you specify the time in seconds that the RF device pauses during the RF Next Task (1.1) or RF Select Task (1.2) options when there are no open tasks.
• Select Task Type lets you control whether the RF Select Task option is controlled by reference or by transactions.
• You can now choose to activate or deactivate the Quality/Inspection module (4.19) through a new Activate field in Quality/Inspection Control (4.19.24).
• The following new utilities were added:
• Inspection Workfile Delete/Archive (4.25.10) deletes stranded inspection records.
• Delete Planned Order Whse Tables (4.25.11) deletes warehouse order management detail records for planned orders that are unused by the system. If you installed QAD Patch R1GP, run this utility immediately after you install the patch.
• Delete Task List Workfile Records (4.25.12) deletes inactive task list records. Previously, the system stored linked transaction-task or transaction-alternate task records in two tables. The system now creates records for both tasks and alternate tasks in a single table. You can use the utility to delete old records.
• Recalculate User Task Times (4.25.13) recalculates user task times in batch mode. You must set the Active field in Labor Management Control (4.11.24) to No to manually recalculate user task times with the utility.
• Populate Item-Site Location (4.25.14) repopulates the Item-Site Maintenance (4.4.9) Location field with data from the removed Site Location field from the same program.
• A new Next Task Pause field in the renamed External Device Setup program lets you specify the time in seconds that the RF device pauses during RF Next Task (1.1) or RF Select Task (1.2) if there are no open task. Before it was hard coded to 10. In the same program, you can now specify whether the RF Select Task (1.2) is driven by transaction or reference through a new Select Task Type field.
Program Name Changes
The following program was renamed in this release.
Receipts/Transfers/Issues Control (4.17.24)
External Device Setup (4.23.22)
• The following improvements were made when processing with the RF device:
• You can now use the Cancel or Exit operation when the cursor is in a To field when confirming tasks on the RF device. Previously, you had to press CTRL-C to cancel or exit when in the To field.
• All scannable fields in QAD Warehousing that display on the RF device are now 64 characters long, letting warehousing staff scan SSCC or EAN labels. Previously, some fields were limited to 12 or 28 characters.
• When you select a task by transaction number on the RF device, the logic was improved to match the same logic as if you selected a task by reference number.
• The system now validates that the destination is not the same as the original location when it creates new warehousing transactions for the put-away (PUT-TR), on-the-fly (OTF-TR) and the location transfer (LOC-TR) transactions. Previously, when the original and destination locations were the same, the system recalculated the destination location.
• The standard RF flavor selection logic was changed so that when the system is dealing with a transaction that has no reference, it automatically changes the RF flavor to A if the user originally selected flavor B to select by reference. You specify flavor codes in the Flavor field in Work Location Group Maintenance (4.3.9).
• Kanban replenishment now works correctly on the RF device:
• Warehouse staff can now repick for kanban replenishment tasks as the system no longer deletes records once the original task was created.
• The system no longer overwrites the destination location and selects another location for the internal routing when you select the destination location during transfer and PUT-TR transactions.
• RF kanban functionality now checks for relevant item inventory data records prior to creating kanban transactions. Previously, the system did not check item inventory data records and therefore, it maintained information for kanban items at the item/site level only.
• The RF Select Task (1.1) and Pre-Shipper Select Task (1.7) options:
• Now correctly sorts priorities.
• No longer hard assigns users to transactions.
• During RF Next Task (1.1) and Select Task (1.2) operations, the system now validates the inventory status of the From and To location for the reference being scanned. The system now displays a warning when either location is not valid.The RF Select Task (1.2) option now displays pallets on the RF device as warehouse staff scan them.
• The RF Transfer (1.3) option:
• Now takes inventory from the correct From location when the system creates more than one put-away task when the transfer exceeds a single location capacity.
• Lets you enter a storage location group as the destination location.
• Correctly verifies that the destination location is a single location.
• Correctly verifies pallet items, not just the first item of the pallet, when using multi-item pallets in a single location.
• Correctly displays the values for item, lot/serial, reference while transferring an item from location to location.
• Includes Session ID enhancements so that labor-reporting functions now consider task times if more than one put-away (PA) task is created.
• Includes description changes for the OTF_TRANSFER label to reflect RF transfer.
• The RF Location Audit (1.4) option:
• Now correctly changes an item’s status from Fail to Available when a cycle count completes for an item with a quantity equal to the quantity available. Previously, the status remained as Fail during these circumstances.
• No longer lets you enter undefined units of measure (UMs) and displays an error message when you do. Previously, the system accepted the undefined UM and created a transaction.
• The RF Kanban Scan option (1.5) no longer displays an error when you change the reference for items to be picked and lets you exit the option. Previously, the system displayed an error and you could not exit.
• The RF PO Receipt (1.8) option:
• No longer locks TranD table records when you process receipts.
• Now correctly displays the destination location frame when you use the put-away (PA) algorithm.
• The RF Reprint (2.2) option now correctly reprints the transaction detail for a transaction number from Warehouse Transaction Inquiry (4.9.1) when you set the Transaction type field to I.
• The RF Container Move (3.4) option:
• Now has check digit functionality implemented correctly. Previously, the system never prompted for a To location and neither prompted nor validated the check digit location.
• No longer displays an error message, and the system correctly moves inventory for a container move to the destination location when multiple sequences of internal routing groups exist in Internal Routing Maintenance (4.2.5).
• Now prompts for a location when you work with references and the pallet reference cannot be found on the last external location.
• Movement Conf. Workbench (4.8.7) now correctly denies receipt of a new item on a single-item location when other item inventory exists at the location. Previously, users could receive new items on a single-item location.
• Storage Location Group Maint (4.3.1) now lets you simultaneously view and modify all fields in the Storage Location Derail frame. Previously, you had to press Go twice to both modify and view data in the fields.
• Sales Order Manual Allocations now correctly deletes AIM transactions when you delete the allocation line. Previously, the system did not delete the transaction.
• PO Shipper Maintenance (5.13.14) now correctly creates references for a PO and sets the Multi-Entry flag to Yes. Previously, the system did not generate references and set the Multi-Entry field to No.
• Trans Det by Pre-Shipper Inquiry (4.9.21) now correctly displays picking tasks for kits that are a part of a pre-shipper.
• Put Away/Loc Find Simulation (4.6.13) no longer deletes the results frame.
• Warehouse Transaction Inquiry (4.9.1) now refreshes the shipper ID in the Other Details frame when you view a transaction with a blank shipper ID after viewing transactions with a non-blank shipper ID.
• User-Work Location Group Maint (188.8.131.52), User Printer Maintenance (4.21.9), and User-Work Location Group Maint (184.108.40.206) now let you enter data for the Inspection Printer and Use External fields. Previously, you could not enter data in these fields.
• The system now creates a pre-shipper during distribution order (DO) and normal picking for orders that use pre-shippers and no longer displays an error message.
• The system now correctly creates transactions when you set the GL Correction field to Yes in Purchase Order Returns (5.13.7).
• The system no longer locks records when you run RF device programs or when you run PO Shipper Receipt (5.13.20).
• The system now functions correctly during picking using the switch lot/serial and reference functionality.
• The system now prompts for the destination location, processes tasks, and no longer displays an error when you confirm tasks with a quantity of 0 (zero).
• The auto-wave release function was improved:
• The TranD and WaveMasterM tables no longer lock.
• When auto-wave release is active, the system no longer replenishes for different items other than the ones being processed.
• General checking on tasks to replenish were removed and replaced with checking on the pallet being replenished.
• You can now edit the lane assigned through Lane Group Assignment (220.127.116.11). The system verifies that the lane exists only if it is not previously assigned to a lane group. It also validates the lane group when you enter a lane group. The system now displays a warning, not an error, when you select a lane group that is not assigned to an item type.
• Wave Selection (4.15.3) now lets you select unallocated scheduled orders in the wave, regardless of the setting of the Display Only Allocated Lines field in Wave Planning Control (18.104.22.168). Previously, the system did not let you select unallocated scheduled orders in a wave selection.
• Wave Status Inquiry (22.214.171.124) now correctly displays the total task count for reserve, replenishment, and picking tasks when you delete an unconfirmed pre-shipper that has an open task and the wave is released through Wave Release (4.15.5).
• Wave Replenishment (4.15.6) now correctly sets the status of the wave when you replenish a released wave.
• The system now activates tasks from Wave Release (4.15.8) when you run another instance of either Wave Replenishment (4.15.6) or Wave Release previous to activating the Wave Release tasks. Also, the system no longer locks tasks when you run the auto-wave release function when another user runs the RF Next Task (1.1) or RF Select Task (1.2) option for the same wave.
• Multi-Item Pallet Create/Transfer (4.17.20):
• No longer contains pause statements that prevent normal operation within the .NET UI.
• Now causes Logistic Palletization/Transfer (4.17.17) to correctly create tasks for pallets from the remaining quantities resulting from Multi-Item Pallet/Create Transfer operations.
• Wave Task Inquiry (126.96.36.199), Wave Priority Boost (4.15.15), and Load Priority Boost (188.8.131.52) now consider wave replenishment date and time. Previously, wave date and time were not taken into account causing the system to search for replenishment tasks for items in a wave not linked to replenishment.
• Order Detail Status Inquiry (4.15.9) no longer displays a Progress error when you select the P option and correctly displays order detail lines when you select the D(etail) option.
• Unplanned Issue Request (4.17.13) now correctly updates the Qty to pick and the Remark fields, indicating No More when the entered inventory quantity to pick is more than the quantity available and the inventory location from where the quantity is picked has a status set to over-issue.
• Obsolete functionality that let you skip prefix processing by setting OS values in the start-up script has been removed.
• Purchase Order Receipts (5.13.1) now correctly:
• Picks and validates the inspection location that you define in Whse Master List Maintenance (4.1.5) for a RCT-PO transaction
• Sets the Multi-Entry field to Yes which generates pallet reference numbers when the Inspection field is Yes for an item defined in Item Data Maintenance (1.4.1)
• Labor Management (4.11) programs now correctly function with alternate tasks. Previously, the system did not consider TranD and TranH warehousing tasks that it created for alternate tasks. Also, in Labor Management programs, the system now correctly calculates task time and no longer takes into account the task time for tasks where the internal TranH.SessionId field is not blank.
• Task Re-Assignment Maintenance (184.108.40.206) no longer lets you reassign tasks to another user when one user is actively working on the tasks in RF Batch Pick-So (3.1). If you try, the system now displays an error message. Previously, the tasks were reassigned even when another user was actively working on them.
• Transactions by Item Report (3.21.14) now correctly displays the end balance for RCT-TR transactions when the item is transferred from one location to another within the same site with Transfer with Lot /Serial Change (3.4.3).
• Location Report (4.13.3) now correctly displays the value of the location’s percentage full amount for the original To location when you change the To location for a stock transfer transaction in Movement Confirmation Workbench (4.8.4).
• PO Shipper Maintenance (5.13.14) now creates references for a purchase order and sets the Multi-Entry field to Yes when you re-enter the program. Previously, the system did not generate the reference and set the Multi-Entry field to No.
• Updates to the active release in Required Ship Sched Maint (7.5.3) no longer cause inaccurate due date calculations in QAD Warehousing for customer schedules.
• Distrib Order Picklist Print (12.17.19) no longer displays an error message and correctly creates picking tasks when the following conditions exist:
• The system implements the location find (LF) algorithm when merging with the same order.
• The algorithm is defined in Algorithm Assignment Maintenance (4.17.19).
• A single location is attached to multiple storage location groups (SLGs) in Location Maintenance (220.127.116.11).
• The Site Location field was removed, and the Default Whse Location field was renamed to Location in Item-Site Maintenance (4.4.9).
Note: You can use the Populate Item-Site Location (4.25.15) utility to populate the renamed Location field with data from the removed Site Location field.
• The system no longer lets you merge pre-shippers in Pre-Shipper/Shipper Workbench (7.9.2) when active QAD Warehousing tasks are linked to the pre-shippers.
• The system now corrects the identification of the pre-shipper to which a task belongs when determining if a pre-shipper can be selected for a wave.
• Bulk Pick Selection Approval (4.12.12) now creates transactions for all component items when some of the component items are not defined in Item Warehouse Maintenance (4.4.11). Previously, transactions were not created for the component items.
• The system no longer displays a system error when Warehousing programs retrieve InventM records when they did not exist. The system uses InventM records to store multi-item pallet data; the records exist when the location detail quantity is greater than 0 (zero). Occasionally, location detail records attempt to access InventM records that do not exist. This happens in warehousing, for example, when closing a transaction with a destination quantity of 0 but an expected in quantity for the location that is greater than 0. The system no longer displays an error in this type of situation.
• When dealing with transactions and weights, the system now:
• Correctly resets the weight and volume when a transaction is not complete during a transaction close.
• Updates the weight of the parent item as well as all attached items when confirming a transaction with a 0 quantity.
• You can now select a sales order when the Print Pack List field is set to No Field is in Sales Order Maintenance (7.1.1) when selecting a wave in Wave Selection. Previously, you could not select the sales order when the field was set to No.
• For batch picking:
• The system now displays the number of labels to print on the RF device during batch picking tasks when you set AutoSelection to yes in Batch Picking Control (4.15.24).
• The system now correctly calculates weight for containers during batch picking.
• The system no longer pauses for two seconds when displaying a warning in batch-picking programs.
• Performance was improved in batch-picking selection screens.
• RF Batch Pick SO (3.1) option:
• No longer creates negative inventory balances for a location that has an inventory status set to No overissues when confirming a pre-shipper task after a cycle count entry.
• Now correctly rolls back the transaction after confirming the first pick task and selecting to Undo and Exit from other picking tasks for items that have the To Reference set to selection 5 in Internal Routing Maintenance (4.2.5). Previously in this scenario, the system incorrectly updated the pallet reference number and created a negative detailed pick task for the From location.
• No longer creates negative inventory balances for locations that have inventory overissue status set to No when confirming a pre-shipper task after a cycle count entry.
• Batch Picking Crash Recovery (18.104.22.168) now functions correctly. In particular, the system no longer alters transactions during the RF session startup if a batch picking crash record exists.
• Batch Picking Trans Reassignment (22.214.171.124) now displays the reassignment tasks sorted by location and item number. Previously, the system did not sort reassignment tasks that it displayed.
• You can no longer convert a pre-shipper to a shipper if there are open tasks in QAD Warehousing.
• The system now correctly passes transaction type lists to lane assignment (LA) algorithms used by wave programs. Previously, the lists were not passed to the wave programs.
• Transaction Maintenance (4.8.13) no longer decreases the quantities expected in and out when you delete a cancelled transaction.
• When you repick for wave tasks, the system now correctly updates the wave number and checks for non- waves. Previously, the system did not perform these functions.
• The system now creates the correct links between TranD and TranH tasks and pre-shippers for distribution orders (DOs). Also, when you convert a pre-shipper to a shipper, TranH tasks now point to the correct pre-shipper.
• When using QAD Warehousing functions that let you switch lot, serial, or reference numbers, the system no longer deletes location full percentages. Also, system performance was improved when the system retrieves created transaction numbers when switching lot, serial, or reference numbers.
• Several improvements and corrections were made to QAD Warehousing in .NET UI:
• Display enhancements and fixes were made to QAD Warehousing workbenches, letting them function properly under the .NET UI.
• API errors during .NET UI operations no longer introduce a pause statement, causing .NET UI to hang.
• Wave Planning Control now operates correctly, letting you enter data for all editable fields in .NET UI.