Release Notes for April 2009 Release
QAD Warehousing Version: QAD Warehousing for QAD 2009 Enterprise Edition
Release Date: April 2009
Supported languages: US English, Castilian Spanish, Latin Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese
User Guide: QAD Warehousing, item 78-0746C
Installation/Conversion Guide: QAD Warehousing installation information can be found in the installation documentation for QAD Enterprise Applications 2009 Enterprise Edition.
Note: The QAD Warehousing installation process differs from the Advanced Inventory Management (AIM) installation process. Please review the installation and conversion guide before you begin installation or conversion.
New Features Overview
New features and enhancements for this release include the following:
• You can now conduct physical inventories from the RF device within a warehouse. Warehouse staff can count quantities in the warehouse and record them directly into the system using the RF device. The device provides electronic information on what to count; however, staff can optionally print tags through the RF device or through QAD EE system software. A new RF Tag Count Entry (1.11) option lets you enter counts directly into the RF.
You specify the RF sorting method for the tags by setting a new field, Physical Inventory Sort, in Receipts/Transfers/Issues Control (4.17.24).
• Switching to different lots or references is now available for batch picking.
• New simulation programs were added to the Algorithm Menu (4.6):
• Lane Assignment Simulation (4.6.17) lets you simulate lane algorithm assignments without actually modifying the inventory records in your database.
• Container Move Simulation (4.6.19) lets you test your CM type algorithms without actually modifying the inventory records in your database. The system displays or reports suitable stage, truck, and dock locations, including empty locations, locations with the least goods, and locations that already contain stock for an SO shipper or DO ship-to code.
• You can now release waves automatically. When you automatically release a wave, it is not necessary to wait until all replenishment tasks are complete. You can release so that warehouse staff can pick the order as soon as the replenishment is complete. Three new fields were added to Wave Planning Control (4.1.15) to support automatic wave release:
• Set Auto Wave Release to Yes to automatically release the wave.
• Set Check Repl Task for Same to Yes to specify that the system look at the previously chosen lane and organize tasks for that lane by either ship-to, order, or part.
• Use Auto Wave Release Item to specify the item to use for automatic wave release.
A new lane algorithm, algorithm 5, finds the last lane previously selected shipping lane to use when automatic wave release is active.
• New browses include the following:
• Transaction History Browse (4.9.23) lets you display a list of transactions by transaction number, sequence, site, and warehouse. You can view the start date and time, and the user who started the transaction.
• Wave Progress Browse (126.96.36.199) displays picking tasks created for this wave that are complete, not complete, and total. In .NET UI, you can use the browse chart designer to create various charts of the data.
• Workload by WLG Browse (188.8.131.52) displays workload data by the work location group. You can display data for users, including pending, active, and total tasks, and time to complete tasks for the WLG in both man-hours and estimated hours. In .NET UI, you can also use the browse chart designer to create various charts of the data.
• New labor reports include the following:
• Productivity by User Report (184.108.40.206)
• Transactions by User Rpt (220.127.116.11)
• Tasks by User and Date Inquiry (18.104.22.168)
• Tasks by User and Date Report (22.214.171.124)
• Tasks by Group and Date Inquiry (126.96.36.199
• Tasks by Group and Date Report (188.8.131.52)
• A new External Device Session Inquiry (4.25.9) lets you view user session data. You can specify a range of user IDs, then indicate whether you want to display data for active or inactive users.
• A new Terminate Own Session field in Receipts/Transfers/Issues Control (4.17.24) lets you specify whether the system terminates your previously running session. Once activated, if the user logs into the RF, the system prompts to terminate the session. If the user responds with Yes, the system attempts to stop the currently running session of that user. Once the current session stops, the user can log in as usual.
Program Name Changes
Three pallet-related programs were renamed in this release.
Logistic UM Pallet Create/Transfer
Distr Order Pallet Create/Transfer
Multi-Item Pallet Create/Transfer
• Reference Summary Inquiry (4.9.15) now reports with the correct date format.
• Movement Conf. Workbench (4.8.7) no longer lets you receive new items to a single item location when other item inventory already exists. Previously, the system incorrectly let you receive new items to a single item location.
• The RF Location Audit (1.4) option now correctly changes the status of an item from fail to available when a cycle count completes for an item with a quantity equal to the quantity available. Previously, the status remained at fail when the cycle count completed.
• The RF Batch Pick-SO/DO (3.1) and Batch Pick All (3.2) options now confirm the transaction when you set Translate Frames to Yes in Label Control (184.108.40.206). Previously, the system left transactions unconfirmed.
• When confirming a pre-shipper task after an cycle count entry, the RF Batch Pick-SO/DO (3.1) option no longer creates negative inventory balances for a location that has an inventory status with overissue set to No.
• Performance was improved in Pre-Shipper/Shipper Confirm (7.9.5) when confirming a pre-shipper with more than 30 lines.
• Sales Order Manual Allocations (7.1.6) now deletes the warehousing transaction when you delete the allocation line. Previously, the warehousing transaction was not deleted.
• Order Whse Detail Status Inquiry (220.127.116.11) no longer displays a Progress error when you specify the option to show picked details. The system now correctly displays order detail lines.
• During CIM loads, the system now sets the correct alternative UM on selected inventory screens, such as those for unplanned receipts, and so on.
• When QAD Warehousing is active, Sales Order Shipments (7.9.15) no longer updates the quantity to allocate and quantity picked on a multi-line SO when there are few lines on the multi-item SO; this is true regardless of whether the few lines ship or do not ship.
• Movement Confirmation and Inq (4.8.9) now correctly transfers the inventory during inter-warehouse transfers of multi-item pallets when you confirm the transaction using Transfer By Reference (4.17.1).
• LA algorithms are now correctly assigned to PICK-SO, PICK-DO and other PICK transactions; previously, the system only assigned the PICK-SO transaction.
• Algorithm Assignment Maintenance (4.6.9) now deletes algorithm assignment details. Previously, you were required to delete individual detail records first.
• Improvements in .NET UI browses and dashboards include the following:
• Transaction Priority Workbench (4.11.6) formatting and display were fixed.
• All workbench fields no longer highlight.
• The description of users now correctly displays in labor management workbenches.
• Trans Priority by Pre-Shipper (4.8.9) now correctly functions when the system displays more records than those that can display in a single page.
• Movement Confirmation Workbench (4.8.7) and Labor Management Workbench (4.11.15) behavior is now consistent with other .NET UI QAD Warehousing browses.
• Labels are now correct in Load Optimization Setup Maint (18.104.22.168).
• Warehousing Transaction History Browse (4.9.23) under .NET UI now displays local variables with the correct format.
• The .NET UI no longer hangs due to API errors.
• Multi-Item Pallet Create/Transfer (4.17.20) no longer pauses in .NET UI.
• Average task time calculations were corrected in the system, both when automatically calculated for a user through Labor Management Control (4.11.24) and when invoked through Task Time Update (22.214.171.124).
• Calendar Maintenance (126.96.36.199) and User Maintenance (188.8.131.52) no longer let you enter blank calendars. When you delete a calendar, the system verifies the calendar is not assigned to a user, and if not, the system now deletes all calendar details. Also, the system now validates the calendar you enter when you assign it to a user.
• When confirming a warehousing task using the RF Next Task function, if the quantity confirmed is 0 and you set Complete, Fail and Repick to Yes, the systems now functions correctly.
• When you press F2 to inquire on load details when using the RF Ship Truck (3.5) option, the system now correctly displays data.
• The system now correctly generates the start time for certain transactions. Previously, the start time was not generated correctly, resulting in labor management reports incorrectly calculating transaction elapsed time.
• System error messages no longer display when you use the RF device and enter an incorrect location in the login screen.
• For kit components:
• The RF Container Move (3.4) option now functions correctly and no longer locks records. It also works correctly with kit components. Previously, it did not manage kit inventory movement and detail allocations correctly.
• The RF Ship Truck (3.5) option now correctly handles shipments with kit components.
• Pre-shippers now correctly update the location after you confirm warehouse transactions created for kits using PICK-FAS algorithms.
• Pre-Shipper/Shipper Confirm (7.9.5) no longer creates ISS-FAS transactions with incorrect quantities when kit component items are picked from multiple locations. Previously, quantities for ISS-FAS transactions were incorrect.
• QAD Warehousing order detail records are now correctly created for kits when sales orders are created as not confirmed, then confirmed using Sales Order Confirmation (7.1.5).
• Populate Order Whse Maint Tables (4.25.5) now processes kit sales order lines.
• Available Kit Quantity to Ship (7.1.8) now executes the proper QAD Warehousing picking logic.
• Movement Confirmation Workbench (4.8.7) no longer prompts to confirm undo transactions once you confirm a task.
• Rebalance Expected In/Out Qty (4.25.3) no longer displays data for multi-lot items when there are discrepancies within the From and To fields.
• Transaction Inquiry (4.8.18) now shows the shipper ID or all transaction types. Previously, it only displayed PICK-SO and PICK-DO transactions
• Location Maintenance (184.108.40.206) now defaults the value of the OPC frequency from Storage Location Group Maint. (4.3.1). Previously, the system did not default the value from Storage Location Group Maint.
• The RF Transfer (1.3) option no longer displays an error message when you set Check Digits to Yes for locations and you transfer a pallet from one location to another location.
• The RF Location Audit (1.4) option now lets you exit screens using the F4 or End key on Reference and Alternate-UM fields during a cycle count on an empty location. Previously, you could not exit screens unless you entered correct data in these fields or pressed the Abort key.
• The following container move algorithms were corrected:
• No 14 (Mov to Dock - Find Dedicated Dock) now correctly retrieves the shipvia code of the inventory being moved.
• No 3 (Move to Stage–Merge with Same Shipper/Ship-To) now correctly handles shipper and ship-to searches.
• No 12 (Move to Dock–Merge with Same Shipper/Ship-To) now correctly handles shipper and ship-to searches.
• Put Away/Loc Find Simulation (4.6.13) now correctly deletes the results screen.
• The RF Batch-Pick (3.1) option now correctly rolls back the transaction when you use the End or F4 key after confirming the first pick task. Previously, you could not exit or undo from a pick task for items with a To Reference set to 5 in Internal Routing Maintenance (4.2.5).
• Warehouse Transaction Inquiry (4.9.1) now refreshes shipper IDs in the Other Details frame when the system displays transactions with blank shipper IDs after it displays transactions with non-blank shipper IDs.
• User-Work Location Group Maint. (220.127.116.11) and User Printer Maintenance (4.21.9) now let you enter values for the Inspection Printer and Use External fields.
• When picking for distribution orders or waves using pre-shippers, the system no longer displays Progress errors when a pre-shipper is not created.
• Auto replenishment, which you set through the Auto Replenish field in the Miscellaneous frame of Warehouse Maintenance (4.1.1), now works correctly.
• You can now activate tasks created with Wave Release (4.15.8) when you run another instance of Wave Replenishment (4.15.6) or Wave Release before the activation.
• When you confirm tasks on the RF with a quantity of 0 (zero), the system now prompts for the destination location, letting you enter a check digit. Previously, you could not enter a destination location, and therefore, you could not enter a check digit, and the system displayed an error without the check digit. Also, check digit functionality was added to the RF Container Move option, so that users are prompted for a check digit once they enter the To location.
• Wave tasks now correctly cancel checks for distribution order picking tasks when no pre-shipper is attached. Previously, just sales order picking tasks where checked.
• Wave Replenishment (4.15.6) now correctly sets the status of the wave when you replenish a released wave. Also, wave replenishment date and time are now considered in Wave Task Inquiry (18.104.22.168), Wave Priority Boost (4.15.15), and Load Priority Boost (22.214.171.124). Previously, the date and time were not considered, resulting in replenishment tasks for items in a wave not being linked to the wave.
• Wave Release (4.15.5) now successfully launches the wave for an item that has an existing wave replenishment task when Avoid Release Without Replenish is set to No in 3 Wave Planning Control File (4.15.2). Previously, the wave was not released.
• In Wave Planning (4.15) functions, the system now correctly assigns pre-shipper numbers when you set options to create a new pre-shipper.
• RF kanban functionality now works correctly. The system stores kanban information for an item at the item/site level only, and previously, the system did not check for the existence of this record prior to creating kanban transactions.
• The RF Transfer (1.3) option now works correctly. Previously, you could not enter a storage location group as the destination location, even though the transaction was created. Also, the system did not check whether the destination location was a single part location (loc_single).
• Logistic UM Pallet Create/Transfer (4.17.17) now correctly creates tasks for pallets.
• Minor corrections include:
• RF program records no longer lock when you introduce transactions.
• Switch lot/serial and reference functions were corrected.
• Batch picking crash recovery functions were corrected.