QAD Enterprise Applications provide design aids such as engineering bill of materials, ECN processing, flexible cost sets, and communication tools like collaborative forecasting, and the supplier portal to help gather input and ensure your new products achieve profitability, manufacturability and market acceptance.
Draw on trading partner knowledge: Customers and suppliers are both great sources of design ideas and manufacturing methods. Collaborative tools help ensure you benefit from their expertise.
Rationalize product catalogs: Analyze products and product line profitability; reuse common components.
Minimize inventory investment: Configured products, modular assemblies and reuse of common components help minimize inventory while ensuring maximum flexibility to meet demand.
Effective Enterprise Best Practices
- Use collaboration tools to help assist distributed teams to participate in the design process
- Leverage suppliers to drive innovation through joint ventures
- Design for ease of production (CAD, CAM)
- Reuse common components across products and product lines to help to simplify supplier base, reduce inventory costs and potential stock outs
- Segregate pending product changes from the active database
- Clearly define the design change approval process
- Transmit design information and changes instantly to all downstream functions and throughout the supply chain
- Single source product design data
Effective Enterprise Metrics
- Time to design an item of certain complexity (development efficiencies)
- Quality in terms of number of errors and rework
- Cost per Engineering Change Order (ECO)
- Number of ECOs
- Configured order accuracy