QAD Enterprise Applications provide tools for effective sourcing across the most complex global supply chains.
Improve quality and reduce inventory: Supplier performance reports keep suppliers on their toes. Quality reports manage testing procedures and results. Supplier portal improves communication to smooth out supply and demand fluctuations.
Drive profitability: Effective sourcing provides parts at the lowest possible cost and with the highest possible quality consistent with delivery requirements. High quality, low cost parts received on time keep scrap, rework and downtime costs low.
Sub-contract effectively: Sub-contracting is one of the most complex sourcing tasks. It involves quality, price and delivery and the added challenges of capacity and materials planning.
Effective Enterprise Best Practices
- Full visibility of demand and supply
- Use consignment agreements to reduce assets and cycle time while increasing availability of critical items
- Use supplier certification programs to reduce or eliminate inspection of received materials
- Use RFID and bar coding to minimize handling time and maximize data accuracy
- Build sustainable collaborative partnerships with key suppliers
Effective Enterprise Metrics
- Supplier performance ratings
- Value of assets provided by supplier (cost avoided by your company)
- Supplier acquisition cost
- Cost to source product
- Degree and frequency of demonstrated flexibility or responsiveness
- Percent of scheduled product deliveries communicated via EDI
- Time and cost related to expediting the sourcing process
- Perfect purchase order fulfillment
- Purchase price variance