QAD Business Intelligence
QAD Business Intelligence (QAD BI) unifies data from multiple sources across the enterprise and provides a complete solution that enables key enterprise decision makers to access, analyze, and share critical information. This allows better understanding of how the business is performing and improved decision making throughout the organization.
QAD BI provides a complete business intelligence solution consisting of three major components: QAD BI Data Warehouse Designer, QAD Modules and the QAD BI Portal to support Analytics, through Dashboards and reporting.
- QAD BI Data Warehouse Designer. Allows data consolidation, optimization, multi-currency consolidation, continuous support for database maintenance tasks and impact analysis and a single repository for any needed transformation logic.
- QAD BI Modules. Integrated with QAD apps out of the box. They’re organized to make the data easy to access without complex database queries and programming resources. Support for pre-defined OLAP cubes for various areas of analysis is available.
- QAD BI Portal. A framework to design, deploy and use dashboards, reports and visualizations. The modular, component based approach makes it easy to create and re-use dashboard components and deploy the dashboards to the appropriate individuals in a secure manner, putting information at the fingertips of the decision maker in a timely manner. A set of sample dashboards and reports to enable users to get a quick start. The QAD BI Portal can be accessed through a web browser or through a native application for the Apple iPad.
The Value of QAD Business Intelligence:
- Make better, faster strategic and tactical decisions through access to the facts
- Identify when key performance indicators require attention.
- Provide easy to use investigative tools within the dashboard framework for business users to identify causes or potential problems.
- Harmonize information by consolidating raw data from disparate systems into an easily accessible warehouse.
- Low Cost of Entry and Expansion
- BI platform tiered to match customer needs: number and type of source systems, size of BI user community
- Buy only what is needed now, and upgrade later if growth warrants
- Analytical modules purchased as needed, when needed
- Extend and enhance your BI environment yourself, following certification training
- Work with all current versions of QAD Enterprise Applications
- Easy to implement, learn and use
- Consolidate raw data from disparate source (including non-QAD)
- Open architecture – works with an array of BI tools
- Collaborative Portal features lead to group decision making.
QAD Business Intelligence is comprised of three key components: QAD BI Data Warehouse Designer, BI Module(s) and the BI Portal. Features of each are explained below.
QAD BI Data Warehouse Designer
Our robust, mature data warehouse engine supports data consolidation from disparate source systems, optimization for query performance, multi-currency consolidation, continuous support for database maintenance tasks and impact analysis and a single data warehouse for any needed transformation logic.
The QAD BI Data Warehouse designer covers all back end activities from ELT to scheduling and documentation.
QAD BI Modules
Integrated with QAD out of the box. Organized to make the data easy to access without complex database queries and programming resources. They support pre-defined OLAP cubes for various areas of analysis. Customers only need acquire those modules for which they have specific needs. This modular approach permits an organization to acquire only what they need when they need it – lowering overall cost:
The QAD BI Modules provide a quick start with predefined models for QAD Enterprise Applications content. These modules are continuously extended by QAD.
QAD BI Portal
The QAD BI Portal includes a framework to design, deploy and use dashboards, reports and visualizations. The modular, component based approach makes it easy to create and re-use dashboard components and deploy the dashboards to the appropriate individuals in a secure manner, This puts the information to make decisions at the fingertips of decision makers in a timely manner. The dashboards support grouping multiple KPIs on one page using a wide variety of visualization techniques (text, graphs, charts, etc.) Dashboards are interactive and allow users to filter data dynamically plus drill though from high level summaries to lower level detailed reports
QAD BI Portal provides an integrated solution for performance management through analysis, ad-hoc query, metrics and sophisticated reporting
The QAD BI Portal collaboration component allows to set up forums and start threaded discussions on the data as explored in the BI Portal. These discussion topics can consist of simple comments and be documented images of visual items (of interest) or, entire dashboards. The comments can be initiated, in context, directly by right clicking from the dashboards and visual items. This ensures that all decisions processes based on data or inquiries around data content can be held within the QAD BI environment, avoiding a flurry of emails while ensuring automatic documentation of the discussion.
The QAD BI Portal can be accessed through a web browser or through a native mobile application for the Apple iPad. The iPad app has a simplified functionality set – optimized for the mobile platform. It allows to browse dashboards and consult charts and allows to collaborate on the forums. It provides a seamless experience, accessing the same data and dashboards on the mobile platform as on the PC.
QAD Business Intelligence Implementation
Business Process Review involves reviewing current data sources, identifying areas of measurement, reviewing current outputs and data user requirements, delineating the extract, load and transform (ELT) strategy and defining the data plan. Interviews with key stakeholders (for each module) ensure that appropriate functional areas are covered.
Programming and Interface Development involves determining your requirements to include other data sources, enhancements to existing business models, new business models and customer-specific KPI's. The scope of this task varies based on the number of data sources, modules, KPIs, etc.
Training addresses the QAD BI installation, administration and day to day usage. We target three audiences – administrators, power users and day-to-day portal users. Course content matches the needs of the student. Power users will be the primary contributors to data warehouse content and dashboard component definitions.
Typical Implementation Plan for One Site