Advanced Planning & Scheduling for use with QAD Enterprise Applications
The current trends in manufacturing are aimed at lowering inventory levels to reduce costs, while still being able to respond to shorter lead times and thereby satisfy customer demand. This forces companies to find ways to optimize production operations by reducing or eliminating non-value-added activities such as setup or waiting time. Highlighting potential problems allows action to be taken to balance demand and capacity. Preactor International has been in the scheduling market for more than 16 years and has an impressive record of providing detailed scheduling solutions to almost every type of business, MTO, MTS, Hybrid and Repetitive in discrete and process industries. Preactor for QAD is a product that provides both the scheduling solution and a two-way integration with QAD Enterprise Applications.
Preactor for QAD has a sequencing engine that provides complementary functionality to QAD’s standard scheduling and planning capabilities. For example drag and drop interaction with the Gantt Chart, multiple constraints such as machines, tooling, operators etc for each operation, attribute based sequencing for example to minimize changeover time, complex scheduling rules and dependencies between producing and consuming orders.
Preactor for QAD Empowers the Planner
- See the impact of unexpected events
- Ask ‘What if’ questions
- Compare schedule alternatives before the planner makes a decision
More than 100 companies use Preactor with QAD. There are case studies available that show how Preactor, working with QAD, can provide impressive benefits and return on investment. Benefits of Preactor for QAD include:
- Reduced inventory and work in process – case studies show 50% reduction
- Increased efficiency of production – maximize value add activities and reduce setup times by optimizing sequences and resource selection
- Increase on-time delivery performance, typically to 95%+
- Reduce scheduling time and increase the ability to respond to sudden changes in demand and capacity available