QAD places considerable importance on developing products that are simple to learn and easy to use. The QAD .NET User Interface provides a common user interface for all QAD applications. It features best-practice usability and deployment features and many ways for users to adapt the UI to their specific role and preferred work style. Built using Microsoft .NET technology, it incorporates a consistent UI metaphor, reducing the need for users to learn how to navigate QAD applications.
Key Usability Features
- Access all QAD products with a single sign-on
- Visualize and navigate through business processes with customizable process maps
- Integrate with Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word, etc.
- Rearrange windows within a workspace to match business process or preference
- Navigate easily from one QAD application to another
- Attach any type of file to a record using standard drop and drag techniques
- Configure screens adding fields and defining pop-up frames by admin
- Use integrated Inbox messaging from within QAD Enterprise Applications
- Customize menus, add fields and rearrange windows to streamline usability
- Access multiple workspaces and programs simultaneously
- Use full browse search with drill-down and linking capabilities
An extensive collection of browses allows users to view information in the format they need and create new reports without IT assistance.
Configurable screens allow IT to hide or change fields to streamline business processes as shown below.
Integrated operational metrics allow users to see status at a glance – helping them take action before problems get out of hand.