Process Maps and Process Standardization
Most global companies strive for process consistency and standardized operations across their business. QAD Enterprise Applications supports this goal by incorporating process maps. These are a powerful set of "best practice" business processes and a tool for online process visualization and documentation. The process map metaphor also allows navigation throughout the entire application.
Process maps provide graphic representations of workflows that can include links to programs, browses, documentation or other maps. Accessible throughout QAD Enterprise Applications, process maps facilitate the rapid development and deployment of company best practices. Customer's users can edit process maps for any segment of the organization, or model unique environments in as much detail as appropriate.
- Improve end user performance: Make process instructions visual and readily available, increasing awareness of standard procedures for routine and special tasks.
- Reduce errors and waste: Users quickly access information regarding handling procedures, detailed documentation and instructions, eliminating guesswork.
- Increase global staff communication: Process maps are globally available, and editable to match regional language and operational demands.
Benefits of Process Maps
QAD Enterprise Applications process maps allow each company to configure business processes in the applications to match its unique business practices. Process maps can function as a navigation tool, training aid and process planning tool. Process maps can show subsidiary or chained processes.
- Links multiple actions to a single node
- Includes links to any document type and displays in the current or new browser
- Provides a navigation path to appropriate functionality based on the process
- Provides easy-to-learn, grid-based metaphor for rapid map development and management
- Supports multi-languages