Enterprise Quality Management System
Features & Modules
Keeping track of document revisions and engineering changes is impossible with manual processes. QAD EQMS provides a document control system to ensure your team is always working with the latest revisions. Electronic document routings and approvals keep the process moving efficiently and make sure information is available to everyone at the right time.
- Accelerate approval cycles with automatic routings
- Establish a single source of truth for documents
- Share documents with suppliers
- Manage document distribution, and periodic reviews
- Manage document changes and re-training
- Reduce clutter and paper—an environmentally friendly solution
Complete and effective training helps ensure quality, compliance and safety. The QAD EQMS automated training system ensures training needs are effectively identified and addressed, even as changes occur in your organization. It includes comprehensive training tracking capabilities that meet requirements such as ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 13485, HACCP, 21 CFR (QSR) Part 820 and others.
- Link training to the latest procedures and documents to ensure up-to-date information
- Bring new hires and transfers up to speed quickly and cost-effectively
- Evaluate employees for training requirements based on frequency expiration or skill rating deficiencies
- Enable self-training
Effective internal audit programs drive compliance as well as continual improvement. QAD EQMS simplifies the entire audit process with a closed-loop system to address product, process and system audits, plus manage any findings or non-conformities.
- Manage the electronic audit process in a complete, closed-loop system from scheduling to follow-ups or escalations
- Simplify and streamline audit report creation
- Integrate with NCR/CAPA for audit findings
- Support Layered Process Audits (LPA)
Customer complaints must be resolved quickly, or the problem can cause irreparable damage to the company’s reputation and brand. QAD EQMS includes a complete complaint management system integrated to the CAPA system, so you not only record complaints but can ensure the situation is resolved effectively.
- Provide appropriate workflow routes depending on the nature of the complaint
- Ensure timely and effective problem resolution
- Support Adverse Event management for life sciences
Non-conformance and Corrective Action (NCR/CAPA)
Every product and process evolves over time, whether the evolution occurs to correct a problem, resolve a complaint or help control costs. QAD EQMS includes complete NCR and CAPA capabilities to ensure that your company’s dedication to problem resolution has full support for these critical functions.
- Reduce risk from delayed correction or preventive action implementation
- Ensure non-conforming materials are properly dispositioned and recorded
- Reduce repeat issues
- Built-in optional root cause tools (3 by 5 why, Ishikawa/Fishbone, etc.)
- Quality alerts
- Deviation management
Disasters happen. Whether it’s global pandemics, fires, floods, labor strikes or supplier business failures, you need to be prepared to mitigate risk and bounce back quickly—without affecting customer satisfaction. Prepare risk assessments to identify issues, define the likelihood and consequences, document current controls, and develop treatments to mitigate risk to your organization.
- Prioritize risks and ensures mitigation plans are in place
- Access the risk register in a single repository
- Incorporate risk management in key decisions, such as evaluating suppliers, change management and project planning
Companies compete on the effectiveness of their supply chains, so ensuring your suppliers are performing to your expectations is crucial to your success. QAD EQMS includes complete supplier performance management that helps ensure conformance to best practices.
- Aid in supplier development
- Develop and publish supplier scorecards
- Simplify communication and coordination with suppliers
- Plan, execute and document supplier audits
- Resolve supplier issues effectively
- Recoup money and drive behavior change with supplier chargebacks
- Allow suppliers to manage their contacts and certifications
Measurements are only as good as the tools used. Manage your gauges with a complete calibration and Measurement System Analysis (MSA) tool kit. Automate the work and free up your time to work on value-added tasks.
- Provide instant identification of calibration issues
- Support documentation of external or internal calibrations
- Tie gauges to inspections and corrective action
- Reduce risk and liability
Inspection and SPC
Inspections don’t do any good if the results can’t be analyzed fast enough to improve the process. QAD EQMS captures process information in a central repository to enable rapid evaluation of the data. The output can be presented quickly in SPC charts that spur effective course corrections.
- Match inspection results to the latest quality plans
- Address inspection failures with integrated non-conformance management
- Utilize skip lot methodology for receiving inspection
Program Quote Management
Managing your supply chain quotation process for raw materials or subcomponents is time-consuming and difficult to manage. QAD EQMS automates this by managing notifications, standardizing response information, and centralizing all data involved in the sourcing decision process. It provides a holistic view for purchasing by leveraging supplier quality and delivery performance data alongside supplier lead time, cost, and feasibility information.
- Reduce effort and compress sourcing timeline
- Gather responses in standardized format for easy analysis and comparison
- Support purchases based on supplier performance and cost
- Integrate directly to APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) for easy supplier/product onboarding
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP/Design Control)
APQP/Design Control is an essential part of automotive industry standards and the commercialization of medical devices. By taking the time to design for quality and manufacturability, product and service quality improves, and costs are minimized for the life of the product. At QAD we believe quality starts in the boardroom and at the design desk, and QAD EQMS provides capabilities to ensure product introductions happen on time and products meet design goals.
- Improve time to market
- Help reduce lifetime cost
- Reduce risk and prevent issues
- Provide library-driven FMEA/Risk Analysis
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
The PPAP requirement is crucial to ensure that the product you receive or ship meets the stated customer requirements. It’s also a key part of many certification standards, including IATF 16949. Manage this process with the QAD EQMS system that is fully integrated to APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) and other key processes.
- Improve on-time, right-first-time submission performance
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Integrate suppliers into the APQP/PPAP system
Business must adapt and change to meet the ever-changing needs of their customers and industries. QAD EQMS incorporates continuous improvement suggestions, projects, lessons learned, issue management and meetings into a centralized system to manage this crucial process.
- Drive collaborative improvement initiatives
- Manage cross-functional teams and projects
- Reduce costs and improve performance
Thank you for reaching out to QAD! Your inquiry has been forwarded to the appropriate representative who will contact you shortly.
If you need to speak with a QAD representative immediately, please call your local QAD office.
In the meantime, for more information on how we can work together toward building an Adaptive Manufacturing Enterprise please subscribe to the QAD Blog for commentary on the latest news and announcements from QAD and the industry.
If you would like to change your message settings, visit our Subscription Preference Center.