QAD Enterprise Applications helps effective enterprises respond to changing demand, conform to regulatory requirements and control shop floor activities. Whether manufacturers are discrete, process or mixed-mode, whether they uses work orders or rate-based schedules, manufacturing companies must be flexible and continuously improve their operations.
Streamline track and trace recording: Tracking and tracing is required in many industries. Flexible serial tracking, eSignatures and audit trails can simplify the process and improve operational efficiency.
Adopt lean principles: Minimal inventory delivered just in time, foolproof processes, and continuous improvement all are basic tenets of lean. Adopting even a few allows you to reap the benefits of lower costs and higher throughput.
Configure products to order: Reduces finished goods inventory, shortens delivery lead times, improves customer satisfaction and increases manufacturing flexibility.
Effective Enterprise Best Practices
- Regular monitoring, measurement and analysis of performance metrics
- Well-defined, understood and documented performance metrics
- Stable, repeatable and predictable processes
- Production planning systems dynamically incorporate last minute changes in requirements when generating production schedules
- Serial traceability process that meets customer, industry, government, and/or international standards
- Bidirectional communication and data exchange with suppliers, sub-contractors, and service providers
- Lean Manufacturing
Effective Enterprise Metrics
- Plant capacity utilization
- Manufacturing errors
- Planned downtime for maintenance
- Overhead as a percentage of direct costs
- Cost per part
- Defective parts