For most software users, a product's user interface (UI) has the biggest influence on a customer's overall impression of a product. The design of a user interface affects the amount of effort the user must expend to provide input for the system and to interpret the output of the system, and how much effort it takes to learn how to do this. A well designed user interface makes the process of using the system effective, efficient, and satisfying.
QAD has several types of user interfaces for the different environments where QAD Applications are used:
- Office Users- QAD .NET UI is Microsoft's latest .NET technology as the foundation for the feature rich user interface and is designed for usability and end user empowerment. It delivers the flexibility that users expect from their applications in an intuitive and easy to use design. New users quickly learn how to use QAD's applications, and existing QAD users become more efficient with this improved user experience.
- Shop Floor Users- Character terminal data entry, provides the most productive form of heads down data entry for frequently used data application functions, and for integration with character based devices such as barcode readers.
- Field Users- Microsoft Windows mobile interface provides a standard, intuitive interface to support handheld devices, PDA, Laptops and Tablet PCs often used with our QAD Mobile Field Service product.
- Web Users- Browser based interface, provides access for customers or suppliers outside the enterprise for collaboration applications like QAD Supply Chain Portal, QAD Customer Self Service and QAD Demand Management.
- EDI Users – QAD provides all the tools to connect directly to electronic forms of data input using QXtend.
QAD's User Interfaces are all built with user customization in mind. Whether you want to control access to data by role, configure screens adding or removing fields or rearrange windows within a workspace to match business process or preference, this can be easily accomplished.
Additionally, for more far reaching customizations, the QAD Integrated Customization Toolkit enables you to design and develop customizations in a non-intrusive way, which means you eliminate or limit the change of the original standard applications. As a result, your custom development will be faster to create and will reduce your support costs, while retaining high quality standards.
The Value of QAD's User Interface
- Improved user experience with QAD Enterprise Applications
- Powerful customer customization
- Reduced customer training time
- Great integration with Microsoft Office applications
- Allows easy deployment and update
QAD .NET UI’s familiar look and feel reduces user training while increasing users experience