HOW CAN MANUFACTURERS REDUCE MANUALLY INTENSIVE SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT PROCESSES?
Manufacturers still rely on outdated processes or fail to understand the role supplier collaboration plays in maximizing global supply chain performance. A manufacturing enterprise resource planning (ERP) system ensures efficient collaboration with suppliers by sharing inventory, scheduling, purchase orders, shipments, Kanban, invoices, bills of material information and more. This reduces supply chain costs, risks and the likelihood of stock outages.
ARE BUYERS AND PLANNERS SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME FIGHTING FIRES?
Buyers are often inundated with unexpected supply disruptions. For example, containers fall off ships, orders are delivered to the wrong facility and materials fail to meet quality standards. With a self-service portal, suppliers increase visibility into customers’ needs. Supply chain stakeholders are automatically notified of any issues requiring immediate attention or further investigation.
HOW DO SUPPLIERS ENSURE THEY ARE RESPONSIVE TO ORDER AND SCHEDULE CHANGES?
Manufacturers realize the benefits of informed relationships with suppliers to better manage order and schedule changes. Change requests can burden procurement staff. Collaborative processes allow manufacturers and suppliers to respond rapidly and effectively to requested changes. This builds a more agile manufacturer-supplier partnership, lowers inbound supply costs and improves supplier performance.
With pressure to cut costs, manufacturers realize the benefits of closer relationships with suppliers to better manage the procurement of goods and reduce supply risks. Typical financial and business improvements include:
Reduce inbound order status inquiries by 90%
Increase on-time deliveries by 10-15%
Lower material costs by 10-20%
Achieve 3-10% transportation savings
Cut inventory costs by 25%
Cut invoice processing costs by 12-50%
QAD Supplier Portal creates value for manufacturers by improving supplier collaboration and supply chain visibility, allowing faster responses to changes in supply and demand. The solution facilitates real-time communication between manufacturers and suppliers while reducing error-prone manually intensive processes.
Integrates with other QAD Adaptive ERP and other QAD solutions to ensure comprehensive supply visibility and lets manufacturers communicate purchasing and replenishment requirements with suppliers
Can be used with any manufacturing ERP while using a single user interface by all users, including suppliers, regardless of the ERP(s) being used
Alerts and exception notifications help manufacturers better manage inventory, delivery, quality and invoice issues with suppliers
- Provides supplier self-service for invoices, bills of material, specifications and other types of documents
- Allows suppliers to create ASNs and serialized barcode labels without the need for EDI. ASNs include container information for receipt validation
- Scans serialized container shipment labels on receipt, improves accuracy, productivity and validates against the supplier’s ASN
- Provides suppliers insight into manufacturing needs, including schedules, orders and min/max information – specific for each supplier
- Alerts provide planners with ASNrelated information to better respond to unexpected supply disruptions and reduce expediting costs
- Calculates and communicates supplier performance metrics
- Runs on the QAD Cloud as-a-service. The QAD Cloud provides proven, highly available and secure cloud services with global, 24x7 support.