QAD SERVICE AND SUPPORT MANAGEMENT
QAD Service and Support Management solution provides comprehensive after-sales service and support, covering all aspects of tracking and support for equipment after manufacture, from installation, to on-site or warranty repair. Service and Support Management solution controls engineer and technician schedules, warranty and service contracts, and records of installed base configuration.
Service and Support Management solution resolves service calls, manages service queues, and organizes mobile field resources. Combined with extensive project management support, organizations can track materials and labor against warranty and service work, compare actual costs to budget, and generate appropriate invoicing.
VALUE AND BENEFITS
The primary value you will receive from Service and Support Management is tracking and support for equipment after manufacture, from installation, to on-site or warranty repair. Service and Support Management manage engineer and technician schedules, warranty and service contracts and records of installed base configuration.
Reduces average wait time. Customer support representatives have rapid access to key information—installed product information, customer service history, warranty/contract data, service bills and routings, and spare parts inventory details.
Reduces average time to solve. Dispatchers have complete problem and repair information, and visibility into service engineer schedules, skills and parts inventory. This ensures dispatchers send the right service engineer, with the right skills and the right parts, to meet or exceed Service Level Agreements (SLA).
Minimizes high priority call percentage. Priority codes, work codes, fault codes, service queues and user-defined escalation rules ensure each call receives the right level of urgency.
Increases warranty renewal rate. Manages item warranties and extended contracts with automatic triggers for renewal invoices.
Decreases service inventory cost. More visibility into service inventory helps companies plan more effectively; decreases excess inventory and reduces obsolescence without sacrificing quality service.
Increases service revenue. Warranty renewals, automated invoicing for service contracts and timely, accurate invoicing of billable service all increase service revenue.
Improves service margin. Lowers field service costs through less wasted travel time, less time waiting for parts, and more efficient call handling to make service more profitable.
Improves cash flow. Collects costs of service (parts, labor, and expenses) faster and automatically triggers invoicing based on warranty/contract limits.
Manages installation, ongoing support, maintenance and repair of products including coverage by warranty or service contracts, and tracks engineering resources.
- Captures complete installed base information at the customer and end-user level, including product configuration details, model and serial number, installation date, warranty coverage and complete repair history.
- Reduces the time it takes to identify the right engineer and resolve the problem through more efficient call management and dispatching.
- Helps resolve calls quickly by getting the right engineer to the customer site, with the right skills and the right parts to fix the problem.
- Reduces the time engineers spend waiting for parts and minimizes travel time by efficiently dispatching calls.
- Provides for effective call management processes using priority code, work code, call queues and user-defined escalation processes to accurately prioritize work and ensure you address the most critical issues.
- Manages returns processing (RMAs), optionally issuing replacement items before receipt of the returned item, and automatically generates invoices or credits. Generates work orders for evaluation/ repair. Manages return to stock and returns to the original supplier.
- Simplifies warranty renewal processes and automate contract billing. Track warranty expiration dates to ensure appropriate service charges for products not under contract.
- Customer contracts define cost, terms and conditions for things such as telephone support, field repairs, on-site technical support and maintenance. You can optionally include any special items priced at a fixed amount, applied as percentage uplift, or at a discount.
- Customer contracts define billing cycles at multiple levels and releases contracts automatically for invoicing according to this billing cycle.
- Provides complete service information including fault codes, highlighting potential quality issues before they become major problems.
- Maintains detailed spare parts inventory, either in a stockroom, or a warehouse or in the field.
- Uses service bills and routings to anticipate service parts requirements, planning spares inventory more effectively and facilitating sharing among field service engineers.