QAD DEMAND PLANNING
QAD Demand Planning enables customers to become effective enterprises by supporting collaborative sales, budget planning and forecasting. QAD Demand Planning provides Single-Click Collaboration, allowing all stakeholders access to a suite of tools that enables effective collaboration and simplifies analysis across the extended enterprise.
QAD Demand Planning provides memory-resident planning and simulation which enables rapid evaluation of planned promotions or new product introductions and promotes timely response to demand fluctuations.
VALUE AND BENEFITS
The primary value you will receive from QAD Demand Planning will be improved control, visibility and collaboration on sales, budget planning and forecasting activities throughout your global supply chain. QAD Demand Planning provides improved forecast accuracy ensuring you meet and exceed customer expectations and service level goals.
Control and react. Provides forecast visibility throughout your entire global supply chain. Enhanced visibility provides insight into supply and demand fluctuations, and this visibility allows your team to make rapid, fact-based decisions based on timely and accurate information.
Collaborate on forecasts. Integrates for collaborative sales forecasts and allows companies to include forecast input from many sources, such as sales operations, marketing, customers and the field sales force.
Create forecasts automatically. Creates an initial sales forecast based on historical information and using an automatically selected best-fit statistical formula. Statistical models include demandsmoothing, seasonality planning and can incorporate special events such as new products and sales promotions. Single Click Collaboration allows each individual to provide input based on the latest market conditions.
Measure performance and distribute information. Measures the reliability of the sales forecast to actual sales and provides feedback on trends and variability. QAD Demand Planning bases forecasts on items, product families or customers and allows users to select the best forecast interval – daily, weekly or monthly. It also determines safety stock requirements.
Understand and share plans and results. Allows for forecast generation based on customers, regions, products or product families, among other dimensions. As it receives input from multiple sources, it recognizes and captures the new information in the right unit and level of detail.
Increase forecast accuracy. Provides forecast visibility to everyone involved in the forecast process ensuring forecasts are accurate. Simulation capabilities allow “what-if” analysis for different scenarios, whether those scenarios are planned promotions or unexpected events. Your company can proceed with sales and operations plans confident that you have the best plan in place and can react quickly and correctly to new market conditions.
Improve customer service and increase sales and revenue. Gives visibility into supply and demand fluctuations letting your team meet and exceed customer expectations and service level goals. Rapid response can help reduce and or prevent backorders and stockouts, improving performance against important strategic KPIs such as DIFOT and excess inventory.
Meet customer demand. Ensures you have sufficient inventory to meet customer orders, QAD Demand Planning can help your company develop key differentiators — like shorter lead times than competitors. By eliminating stock outs and back orders, you can reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction at the same time.
Reduce inventory investment. Allows you to effectively plan inventory supply against demand, helping you to reduce your company’s inventory levels and reduce obsolete or out-of-date inventory. Proper planning for complex events like retiring old products or introducing new ones helps to eliminate excess inventory. By ensuring that you purchase or make the inventory required to meet your sales plans, you can improve return on inventory assets, reduce excess and obsolete inventory write-offs, and still meet customer delivery requirements.
- Customized views — ‘Single Click Collaborative®’ technology, multi-level forecasts, multiple forecast units by product, customer and more. Provides daily, weekly and monthly forecasts. Allows comprehensive graphical views, and screens adapted to each user and at each forecasting level.
- Collaborative — share information for consensus forecasting including shared comments and data consolidation. Allows detailed trade promotion management to manage demand.
- Analysis — detection and correction of outliers, analysis of historical data. Allows managing of marketing events like promotions. Provides modeling for supply chain interruptions.
- Statistical calculations — supports seasonality, external factors, trend analysis, auto-selection of best-fit algorithm. Includes Exponential Smoothing, Holt-Winter, Croston, Box-Jenkins and many more.
- Multi-level forecasts — detailed or aggregate forecasts, top down, bottom up and middle out forecasts. Reconciles forecasts based on different input (products, customers, markets).
- Product life cycle — plan for all phases of the product life cycle, manage substitutions and obsolescence.
- Detailed promotion management — provides visibility to all phases of promotions from set up to fulfillment, captures demand at any level, includes comments with demand. Allows special offer profiles, repetitive special offers, multi-item special offers.
- Demand adjustment — accounts for actual sales and firm orders in plans, and exception reporting and analysis.
- Reliability analysis — provides forecast reliability analysis, user configurable sales horizon, exception reports. Allows filtering by forecast or actual demand.
- ABC classification — process items or customer demand differently based on classification, and can base classifications on unit or currency sales, margins, or other factors.
- Safety stock — calculates safety stock based on strategic service levels, and bases safety stock levels on forecast reliability.
- Integration — certified to integrate with QAD Enterprise Applications, SAP, Oracle JDE, Oracle e-Business Suite, Lawson.