QAD DISTRIBUTION PLANNING
QAD Distribution Planning helps companies optimize the flow of finished goods and components by improving decision-making processes in the areas of distribution requirements/resource planning (DRP) and sales and operations planning (S&OP). QAD Distribution Planning offers fast and flexible simulations of inventory allocation, enabling continuous improvement of DRP strategies and execution. The solution consists of two primary components.
Companies need to develop highly effective plans for managing finished good and component flows across distribution, storage and production sites and with customers. The planning capabilities of QAD Distribution Planning makes it simple to view logistics networks by site, product, component, period and other variables. It supports planning for various flows, including customer flows, jointly managed inventory/ vendor managed inventory (JMI/VMI), inter-company transfers and supplier sourcing. Key variables for planning include request priority and mode of transport. QAD Distribution Planning enables the planner to apply a variety of constraints based on, for example, channel priorities and openings, timelines and transportation schedules, shipment quantities, freeze-outs, stock levels and use-by dates at each site in the network.
The optimization tools of QAD Distribution Planning offer requirements allocation alternatives. They take into account channel feasibility and finite capacities of the sites, while optimizing overall costs including distribution, storage and production costs. Sourcing optimization intelligence determines the requirements allocation and optimizes supply chain channels to meet those requirements. Key variables include available stocks, site storage capacities, overall costs and targeted service rates. It enables configurable push or pull strategies for receiving sites.
VALUE AND BENEFITS
- Improve customer satisfaction due to fewer stockouts and better on-time delivery performance
- Improve efficiency of your global supply chain network
- Reduce obsolescence and waste with better planning
- Reduce costs including lower production, distribution and inventory costs
- Improve visibility into customers, supply chains, production and distribution resulting in optimal and more profitable options and choices
- Better anticipate production and sourcing needs by collaborating more effectively, both inside your business and with your value chain
- User Customizable Views makes it easy to control users’ preferred experience, including customization by:
- Multiple hierarchies including items, resources and customers
- Multiple units and time horizons, including days, weeks, months and mixed
- Business processes and entities for graphical views and role-based workspaces
- Advanced Simulation tools make it easy for users to build and manage simulations, with options to:
- Configure views of the network by sites, products, periods, demand, stock, capacities and issues
- Integrate Master Production Schedules (MPS) into the distribution decision-making environment. The central flow manager in Distribution Planning offers a simultaneous view of each site’s MPS including capacities and requests
- Simulate event resolution alternatives, including demand variations, out-of-date stock or in-factory load center capacities
- Store and compare simulations using different assumptions, resulting in an integrated S&OP/ MPS process
- Manage risk thought safety stock estimates
- Optimize and Analyze distribution across all supply channels using a solver to determine allocation strategies and analysis using the following flexible options:
- Configure the optimum sought based on targeted service rates, authorized channels, available capacities of factories and costs including distribution, storage and production costs
- Optimize stock roll-outs by taking transport cost, storage cost, full truck load and the capacities of the different sites into account
- Automatically calculate replenishment demand at each facility
- Automatically calculate production sites’ forecast load
- Generate management charts and reports of logistics network performance for previous periods
- “Single Click Collaborative®” technology provides flexible collaboration for real-time planning across users and modules
- Web based solution using QAD Web Portal
- Information sharing and synchronization of information between all the participants in the supply chain
- Flexible Deployment: Cloud and on premise — QAD Distribution Planning, available standalone or as part of the integrated QAD DSCP (demand and supply chain planning) solution, may be deployed on premise or in the QAD Cloud. QAD Cloud Distribution Planning or QAD Cloud DSCP gives companies the freedom to focus on their business without worrying about implementation and ongoing management. The predictable, flexible and secure QAD Cloud offers excellent service levels, global accessibility, dependable around-the-clock support and predictable costs and budgeting.