QAD PRODUCTION PLANNING
QAD Production Planning helps manufacturers optimize production plans in order to maximize efficiency and better meet customer needs. It provides users the ability to plan collaboratively and includes decision support capabilities to visualize, analyze, simulate and understand production requirements and capacities. It is available individually or as part of the QAD DSCP (Demand and Supply Chain Planning) solution.
QAD Production Planning integrates the planning process from Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) to Master Production Scheduling (MPS) at every item level. Generate realistic plans by taking into consideration a variety of constraints including bottlenecks, labor, batch size, changeover time, component availability, use-by dates and more. It offers advanced constraint-based planning and optimization by applying a comprehensive set of parameters including target service rate, target capacity utilization, inventory level and cost.
QAD Production Planning users easily share and synchronize data, and receive automatically generated real-time alerts in order to adjust quickly to changes in production and demand. Avoid overstocks, obsolescence, stock out and unused capacity situations.
Analyze and Measure
Perform accurate analyses and optimization utilizing flexible reports, multi-dimensional views and graphics integrated into the simulation environment. In addition to taking into account external events, the simulation and monitoring tools measure service rate, actual to budgeted sales, costs of production, storage, utilization and more. QAD Production Planning comes with a unique set of KPIs to diagnose and quickly fix production plan issues, ensuring the planner has a clear understanding of the production plan results.
VALUE AND BENEFITS
Improve customer satisfaction due to fewer stockouts and better on-time delivery performance.
Improve product availability while eliminating stock outs and reducing obsolescence.
Increase inventory turnover by using constraint based planning to optimize production.
Reduce inventory of finished products, semi-finished products, components and raw material through better production planning.
Improve business performance based on applicable metrics and KPIs.
Compress “cash to cash” cycle by optimizing resource utilization.
Minimize capital outlay by maximizing the efficiency and utilization of existing resources.
Control labor costs by accurately forecasting short and long term labor requirements, including overtime planning and recruitment strategy.
- User Customizable Views simplifies controlling and adjusting the user experience, including customization by:
- Multiple hierarchies including items, resources and customers
- Multiple units and time horizons, including days, weeks and months
- Business processes and entities for graphical views and role-based workspaces
- Advanced Simulation tools help users to build and manage simulations, with options to:
- Compare stored simulations, based on different assumptions, producing customizable views of the entire production process
- Take into account changes in customer demand or production, including exceptional orders, new production lines, real available capacities, stock and component availability
- Calculate and Optimize using a comprehensive set of algorithms which can be combined to best reflect a company’s processes and constraints, specifically:
- Finite capacity planning offers advanced functions for multi-level planning optimization under various constraints such as production bottlenecks, labor, receipts and component availability
- Advanced optimization techniques enable manufacturers to produce more in-depth production plans based on economic criteria. Examples include production cost, storage cost, launching cost, out of stock cost and below minimum inventory cost
- Demand visibility provides the ability to fine tune plans by distinguishing the source of demand, including independent sources such as firm orders and forecast, and dependent sources like MRP and kits. It calculates Available to Promise, Capable to Promise and Order to Promise in real-time
- Reporting and analysis provides a flexible report writer and visual analysis tool simplifying formatting and generation of meaningful reports and dashboards, offering different grouping levels and a variety of units and graphs
- Collaboration is facilitated through Single Click Collaborative®, technology that offers real-time collaboration to planners and users across the enterprise, and the web portal
- Flexible Deployment: cloud and on premise — Deploy QAD Production Planning standalone or as part of the integrated QAD DSCP suite on premise or in the cloud. QAD Cloud Production Planning and QAD Cloud DSCP help automate software updates, and provide rapid implementations, global accessibility, excellent service levels, predictable costs and budgeting, and reliable around-the-cloud support.