QAD FIXED ASSETS
QAD Fixed Assets provides comprehensive capabilities for organizations with complex requirements, providing asset management from acquisition to retirement. It provides a wide variety of standard depreciation methods, including options to calculate multiple depreciations (Books) for reasons such as management reporting, fiscal reporting and statutory reporting and analysis. QAD Fixed Assets integrates to QAD Financials and General Ledger to ensure accurate and timely reporting and analysis.
QAD Fixed Assets helps reduce the time and costs associated with managing assets by providing a single point of entry and integration with QAD Financials. QAD Fixed Assets calculates depreciation and posts it directly to the QAD General Ledger. It eliminates the worry of entry errors or inconsistent spreadsheet calculations that might occur when tracking assets outside your ERP system.
QAD Fixed Assets has the same user security, reports and alerts as the rest of QAD. Using the security aspects of QAD including User ID, password change rules enforcement, audit trails and reports, along with a single point of entry for all asset General Ledger transactions helps ensure compliance with SOX or similar government regulations.
VALUE AND BENEFITS
The primary value you will receive from QAD Fixed Assets is a complete global view of assets across multiple entities, eliminating redundant data entry, reducing errors and ensuring that you can record balance sheet assets properly.
Manages asset activities from acquisition to retirement. Tracks and manages all assets and activities within QAD’s core application. QAD Fixed Assets supports asset movements and locations and asset physical inventory, and provides multiple depreciation methods and multiple asset books for the complex asset reporting you require. QAD Fixed Assets posts all relevant transactions directly into QAD’s General Ledger.
Reduces time and effort to track assets. Improves asset accuracy and eliminates the need for redundant keying and systems. Helps ensure consistent, accurate information by eliminating the need for standalone spreadsheets. Automatically calculates depreciation using multiple depreciation methods and posts the results into QAD General Ledger.
Supports SOX, JSOX and other regulatory compliance. Uses QAD’s User IDs, passwords, workflow and audit reports to ensure your processes pass SOX, J-SOX and other similar regulations.
Eliminates complex systems integration. QAD Fixed Assets is an integral part of QAD Enterprise Applications. QAD Fixed Assets enables you to manage your fixed assets without the need for a third party application that requires complex programming for integration or tedious and time-consuming manual journal entry.
QAD Fixed Assets manages and tracks corporate assets throughout their life cycle, and integrates asset activity within QAD Financials. QAD Fixed Assets keeps fixed asset information in a central repository, provides multiple depreciation methods — from simple to complex — and calculates results automatically.
- Supports multiple depreciation books for management, tax, and other asset reporting in a single database.
- Addresses global financial requirements by supporting multiple currencies.
- Provides role specific information using browses Web pages, business intelligence, metrics and process maps within panels.
- Tracks asset transfers, splits and retirements.
- Posts transactions directly to the General Ledger.
- Manages and tracks all corporate assets and integrates all activity within QAD Financials.
- Calculates and books depreciation for regulatory, tax and insurance reporting through multiple depreciation books.
- Provides multiple depreciation methods to support a variety of regulatory and tax requirements.
- Eliminates non-value added steps with automated transactions and processes.
- Includes controls to help ensure SOX, JSOX and other regulatory body compliance.
- Increases asset valuation accuracy through physical inventory support.
- Supports high-level asset management, transfers, retirements, splitting and book adjustments with global asset views.