QAD EDI ECOMMERCE
QAD EDI eCommerce provides a streamlined method for managing EDI integration through a standard neutral interface to bring transactions in and out of QAD Enterprise Applications. QAD EDI eCommerce simplifies implementing EDI, and works with QAD Managed EDI or other EDI translators.
QAD EDI eCommerce combined with QAD Managed EDI provides a complete end-to-end solution that is fully integrated with QAD Enterprise Applications. QAD Managed EDI is a B2B translation and communication service that provides mapping, security and trading partner management services for information exchange. Together, these solutions support the exchange of business documents through almost any EDI, Internet or file-based message format.
QAD EDI eCommerce builds tighter integration between you and your trading partners, streamlines communications, eliminates errors, speeds up order fulfillment and other business processes, keeps you compliant with your customer’s EDI requirements while keeping your technology costs low.
VALUE AND BENEFITS
The primary value you will receive from QAD EDI eCommerce will be tighter integration with your trading partners. You will be able to respond more quickly to changes in your supply chain, and better achieve your targets for key customer service and fulfillment metrics. You will get a greater return on the assets deployed in your QAD EDI eCommerce and fulfillment processes.
Reduces EDI cost. Saves testing, development and implementation time through easily defined trading partner maps at the user interface level.
Speeds up integration of new trading partners. Increases market share and responds to changes in the supply chain by quickly integrating new trading partners using a configurable toolset for developing and maintaining EDI transaction sets.
Simplifies upgrades to new versions of QAD Enterprise Applications. Embeds specific EDI business rules without requiring intrusive programming which simplifies future upgrades. Allows quicker upgrades, ensures value from latest functionality and maximum benefit from maintenance spend.
Increases inventory accuracy. Links to QAD customer consignment consumption, supplier drop ship, Kanban activity, Supply Chain Portal advance ship notices and gateways for EDI Warehouse transactions to maintain more accurate inventory balances.
Reduces order to delivery time. Reduces supply chain delays with integration with trading partners and electronically communicating requirements, due dates and priorities. Improves shipment performance, reduces expedite cost, and avoids missed shipment penalties.
Improves cash flow. Speeds up payment processes, reducing days sales outstanding and days payables outstanding. Uses links to QAD Enterprise Financials to support various banking transactions, including creating bank payments and sending/receiving bank statements.
- Effectively manages EDI communications between trading partners, QAD Enterprise Applications and other enterprise solutions. Trading partner document specifications are applicable to processing EDI data whether you connect to the Internet using HTTP or deliver an XML-formatted message to a middleware product or back-end application.
- Exchanges business documents in QAD’s standardneutral format (SNF) and XML-formatted messages. Supports all versions of ANSI X.12, EDIFACT, ODETTE, VDA, RND, and XML/EDI when deployed in combination with QAD Managed EDI.
- Recognizes inbound XML documents and translates them into structured QAD Enterprise Applications business documents. Allows marking exported data elements with XML tags for partners that require XML formatted documents.
- Supports HTTP connectivity with external applications exchanging XML documents with QAD Enterprise Applications and connections with middleware products, such as IBM WebSphere MQ Series, to provide message transport services between applications.
- Replaces wasteful and error prone paper forms with electronic communication.