QAD AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS
QAD Automation Solutions improves manufacturers’ material transactional effectiveness and efficiency by aligning QAD Enterprise Applications and QAD Cloud ERP with material processes. There are two primary components to the solution:
- Data Collection captures material and production data through simplified ERP transactions using a mobile device such as a radio frequency (RF) scanner, tablet or a stationary shop floor personal computer or terminal.
- Label Printing Services routs and prints labels associated with material and production transactions according to manufacturer, supplier and customer specified formats and rules.
These capabilities help manufacturers better align their material logistics processes in a timely fashion while ensuring inventory accuracy through process compliance.
VALUE AND BENEFITS
The main value received from Automation Solutions is improved operational visibility, control and accuracy throughout the internal supply chain, from inbound through production to outbound. Specific benefits include:
Increases visibility and control - through dynamic task generation. Electronically ensures all workers focus on the right priorities, replacing printed task dispatch and pick lists that often become stale, are lost or are difficult to manage.
Reduces costly errors - through real-time validation. The solution automatically notifies users when they are about to make a mistake, preventing errors such as receiving invalid items or quantities, transferring materials to invalid locations, picking or issuing incorrect lots for a work order or when attempting to load a truck with the wrong pallet.
Streamlines inbound processes – leveraging ERP inbound receiving packaging. Scan pallets and boxes into stock while verifying the supplier ASN. Using tailored put-away logic, the user is automatically directed to the put-away location including crossdocking, production line or warehouse zone.
Streamlines production replenishment – with bulk picking transactions. Users electronically pick and replenish work center/line locations per multi-order helping to meet the demand for components based on real-time schedule priorities.
Improves accuracy and control over production order pick/issue process – where discrete order component kitting is required. Users pick components and associate them to a container where downstream transactions such as inventory transfers and material issue to work order can occur, with a single scan of the work order “Kit” container.
Increases production schedule and performance visibility – by enabling production operators to visualize, print labels and report against the schedule real-time through the “Electronic Dispatch List” (EDL) user interface.
Streamlines the outbound process – by leveraging ERP outbound packaging. Scans pallets and boxes to verify pick accuracy. Supports bulk and discrete order picking through dynamic electronic dispatching to the warehouse, matching customer pick requirements.
Reduces costly mislabeling – using configuration based rules to print the correct customer label based on any system data, such as site, item, customer and location. This ensures the printing of the correct label at the desired time.
Increases label printing efficiency – through systemdata driven selection of label format and printing device. Print labels at the appropriate steps in the process, using the correct label format, using the correct printer(s).
Minimizes data errors and redundancy – by being a native component of the QAD Enterprise Applications or QAD Cloud ERP solution. In addition to native ERP support, label printing tightly integrates with the Data Collection component, Serialization and QAD Enterprise Asset Management.
Compliance Ready – through certified and auditable instant monitoring capabilities that provide the status of when, where and by whom labels were printed for a given site, customer, ship-to or item.
Easy Label Printing Exception Handling – enables copying of existing labels, altering them and printing instantly.
Full control of your labels – by providing a simple yet effective in-house label printing service, reducing dependence on external service providers.
- Transaction Development Toolset reduces ERP customizations by providing a toolset to develop simplified material and production transactions through configuration of QAD Service Interface APIs (SIAPI).
- Transaction Library provides out-of-the-box transactions for inbound, outbound, production, inventory management and packaging for ERP functionality. The library extends to QAD Enterprise Asset Management.
- Transaction Processing Engine ensures failure free transaction processing through QAD core SIAPI processing and interactive record locking management.
- GS1 and 2D barcode standards compliant.
- Integrated with .NET for shop floor reporting enabling the building and deploying of the shop floor reporting/label printing solution user interface accessible through QAD’s .NET/browse collection framework.
- Transaction Linking combining multiple transactions to create a unified and simplified transaction, aligning with material handling and production processes.
- Label Mapping/Routing Toolset easily maps to QAD material and production data in order to select the right label format and to print to the correct printer.
- Automated Label Formatting and Printing supports any label format and any printer. Print labels in a custom order or release them at custom intervals. Control the schedule and security of label printing and select the data source for the label. Queue labels and print them later if required. Print 2D/QR Code labels.
- Label Auditing monitors labels for a specific business requirement and provides a log of which labels were printed and when. Includes label reprinting.
- Ad hoc Label Print using existing label data: Print a label instantly for a given label format in order to replace damaged labels or create labels for new products.
- Automated Cleanup maintains label data based on user defined ranges, eliminating the need to delete/ archive data.
- Label Library offers an exhaustive library of labels that are vertically specific. Consists of simple and premium — as required by OEMs — labels. Easily update premium labels to keep up with the changes required by OEMs.