QAD MASTER SCHEDULING WORKBENCH
QAD Master Scheduling Workbench provides planners and schedulers with simultaneous visibility to plans, schedules and all supporting data, and enables control and collaboration across the production and materials planning space.
Schedulers interact directly with the master schedule while receiving real-time visual alerts on factors causing customer and/or shop floor disruption, such as capacity, item supply and material shortages. The scheduler uses Master Scheduling Workbench to rapidly manipulate schedules and simulate results, prior to confirming changes to the schedule.
VALUE AND BENEFITS
The primary value you will receive from the Master Scheduling Workbench will be more efficient and effective master scheduling. You will be better able to achieve your performance targets for key customer service and fulfillment metrics. You will get a greater return on manufacturing assets while reducing lead time and cutting costs.
Improves Delivery In Full On Time (DIFOT). Improved planning and scheduling with visual alerts and extended planning horizons help ensure you meet customer delivery promises.
Improves schedule achievement. Actual production and scheduled production match more closely when you develop schedules based on up-to-date supply and demand information, and capacity constraints.
Fewer stock outs. Total visibility into demand, supply, inventory, capacity and production, all from one interactive workbench, helps schedulers avoid stock out situations.
Cut cost and decrease days of supply. Schedulers use long-term visibility to reduce the need to buffer against uncertainty, cutting safety stock and safety lead-time and eliminating unnecessary expedites.
Reduce sales, general & administrative (SG&A) cost. Efficient scheduling processes and online collaboration with production schedulers eliminates reliance on paper-based activities, reducing scheduling time and cost.
Reduce lead time. Reduce manufacturing cycle time by collapsing the planning cycle into iterative daily planning versus weekly batch planning reduces manufacturing cycle time.
Increase fixed asset effectiveness. Better resource utilization and efficient scheduling processes improve capacity utilization, production throughput and fixed asset effectiveness.
Master Scheduling Workbench provides visibility into capacity and materials availability.
- Consolidated information for all input reduces the time and complexity associated with the master scheduling process.
- Schedulers simulate changes and can immediately view the impact to customer deliveries and capacity, before implementing them.
- Exception alerts improve operational efficiency by focusing attention on demand, supply, or capacity changes before they become critical.
- Workbenches show up-to-the-minute information, including plans, orders and shop floor feedback.
- Workbenches allow schedulers to be proactive in reducing costly overtime.
- Helps optimize capacity utilization and manufacturing throughput in a single step.
- Integrated component availability checking verifies materials are in stock before release of production orders.
- Workbenches help schedulers to take proactive steps to reduce premium freight.
- Shared information enables coordination between the master scheduler and production planner, reducing the planning / scheduling cycle from days to hours or minutes.
- Schedule changes update ERP and communicate priority to the shop floor, with real-time closed-loop feedback and visual alerts to exception conditions.