QAD OPERATIONAL METRICS
QAD Operational Metrics provides a dashboard of the company’s vital signs, helping you make decisions for leaner and more efficient operations. It provides a way to review performance and data quality, allowing you to see problems in any number of key areas and trace them back to root causes.
Operational Metrics focus management time and attention on potential issues, summarizing metrics in pie charts, sectioned into green (good), yellow (acceptable) and red (poor) based on the performance target and ranges you define.
Each pie chart metric is expandable to show the numeric result, to show the underlying detail and to make modifications if required.
QAD delivers Operational metrics with close to one hundred standard measurements, organized into seven operational areas — set up, plan, source, make, deliver, inventory, and finance and accounting. Areas covered by the standard metrics include ABC code profile, planning data integrity, action message dispostion, inventory metrics, work center planning data, manufacturing diagnostics, planning process diagnostics and accounts receivable analysis.
VALUE AND BENEFITS
The primary value you will receive from Operational Metrics will be improved performance across all areas of your operations. You will be better able to achieve your performance targets for key customer service and fulfillment metrics. You will get a greater return on the assets deployed in your planning, fulfillment and accounting processes.
Reduces data errors and subsequent costs. Operational Metrics highlights missing or inconsistent data and allows fixing it immediately. This reduces downstream costs such as incorrect planning, inflated inventory, delayed delivery and incorrect accounting.
Eliminates waste and reduces errors. By exposing issues quickly, without the need to pore over detailed reports or use off-line spreadsheets, you can easily identify root causes and make appropriate adjustments.
Improves operational performance. Monitors performance in real time and links operations to strategic objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) and shows results without waiting for reports at the end of a financial period.
Focuses management time and attention. Colorcoded pie charts on a dashboard give managers a quick look at the vital signs of the business. Managers can focus on anything that displays red and drill-down into the supporting details.
Minimizes business risk and reduce administrative overhead. Managers see issues and trends, before they become problems.
Provides a single point of view to key effective enterprise performance measures and helps identify issues before they become problems.
- Helps assure data accuracy by monitoring and highlighting inconsistent or missing information. This includes item planning data, item cost, ABC codes, customer and supplier data, and addresses
- By presenting color-coded charts on a dashboard, management can see at a glance where they need to put their attention. Managers no longer need to pore through detailed reports or wait for administrators to provide summaries
- Operational Metrics lets you see the impact of transactions on the business by tying operational transactions to business goals
- Helps improve performance in all operational areas by exposing issues and giving management time to remedy them on a timely basis, rather than waiting to react until after end of period
- You can add or change metrics as your business evolves